Prologue

- July 2021 -

"I was thinking..." Maya said while washing a glass in the kitchen sink.

"About what?" Across the living room Carina heard her wife talking, which still didn't stop her from folding the clothes into the suitcases.

The sun was shining through the windows, which pleased Carina, who could feel the slight warmth on her skin.
She was so used to her wife's suspended words before a big revelation that she was definitely expecting something.

"If we'll be back on July 3rd and I'm out for suspension 'til the end of the month..." Her brain was spinning thinking about how to tell her wife what she had been thinking about since Carina's proposal.

The very long hearing she had to go through after their wedding, led to a simple two months suspension for insubordination.
In the end the board, thanks to her team's supporting words, believed she had made the right choice about the kid.

"Could you talk a little louder? I heard close to nothing of what you just said." Came a loud reply from the brunette. A car alarm had started exactly while Maya was talking.

Maya immediatly took the opportunity to avoid the topic.
"I just said that when we're back we can start looking for a new washing machine, because we'll have plenty of clothes to wash and ours is broken."

'Great' She thought 'keep lying to your wife genius'

"Si, of course. But I wouldn't be so sure about that. Cause I'll make sure you'll have to wear not so many of them actually." The italian laughed a little at her own teasing quote.

"Let's just assume that instead I will." Maya laughed along, putting the clean plates back in the cabinet over her head.

"You're right, we will buy it. Promise." Maya heard the footsteps of her wife approaching and turned around early enough to gain a kiss from her on her lips and not on her neck.
She put her own arms around her waist and smiled widely.

"What, bambina?" Carina smirked a little confused.

"We really do sound like a married couple."

"That because we are." Maya's smile so contagious that made her smile too.

Their lips touched slightly once more, before Carina pulled away to go back to the suitcases.
Her footsteps so soft because of the naked feet.

"I think I packed everything." She said while closing the zip. She tried with a groan to lift the bag and put it on the floor, but definitely with no success.

"I need you to help me with this." She called the blonde from the opposite side of the house.

Maya wiped a few drops of water from the kitchen counter before she joined the brunette.

'How is she so hot even when she is packing?'

"Let me do it." She lifted the suitcase with one hand and dropped it on the parquet floor.

'Come può essere così bella anche quando solleva una valigia?' Carina thought, unable for a second to think in her not native language.