Joy

Present time

"Oh crap." Both Maya and Leslie said at the exact same time.
The young girl stood up faster than her mother and so eventually helped her up reaching her arms towards her.
Maya pulled using her full weight to stand up and walked, eyes wide open towards Carina.

"I'm not dying you guys. Breathe please." She spoke with a chuckle looking at them both, shocked and frozen.

"Okay here's what we're going to do. Now you sit down." She said pointing to Maya who was completely frozen in place cause she didn't realise what was happening yet.

"You go grab the bag in our bedroom and we patiently wait a little while cause contractions as still too much time apart and not too strong so we have all the time we need and want." She spoke peacefully and softly still looking at both of them. Maya was looking at her, mouth half opened completely unable to speak, which made the italian laugh.

Leslie was going towards their bedroom keeping an eye on her.

"How do you know that?" Maya eventually asked moving to look at her straight in the eyes.

Carina gave her a questioning and incredulous look. She was and OB, it was pretty obvious why she knew.

"Yeah no I don't know why I asked." Maya shrugged and shook her head a little standing up from the chair she found herself being sitted on.

"I've got the bag." Leslie said joining them back in the kitchen.

Carina nodded and held Maya's hand tight leaning towards her.

"Now we clean up this mess while I call Jo, so she has all the time she needs to go to Grey Sloan while we gather everything we need and go there."
She kept talking knowing that it would help her wife. Maya tried to set up and organize a birth day step by step but Carina reminded her that too many things depended on the actual circumtance and so she gave up.

Leslie turned around and went back to their room to check they had everything they wanted to have and eventually gather other stuff. The blonde grabbed a towel and a stain remover to clean up the floor.

Carina looked at her mesmerized, excited and scared about what the day would be.

"On a scale from one to ten how do you feel?" Maya asked while putting the towel on the sink.

"I'd say eight. I feel the pressure and my back hurts a little." She spoke honestly putting her hand on her back pushing a little as soon as she felt another contraction.

"Do you want me to give you that massage?"
Maya asked her wife walking towards her.

"I should call Doctor Wilson before you d-" she was cut halfway through her sentence when Maya's hands went on her back putting pressure on her weak spots.
She was going up and down her spine with her knuckles and then went to hold her shoulders tight squeezing her muscles.

Carina felt immediately relaxed and moaned when Maya's hand went down to squeeze her lower back.

"Watch your hand bella." She said smiling, her eyes closed in delight.
"You know what you'll have to do later right?" She asked teasing her wife.

Maya laughed and stopped her hands, earning a groan from the italian. She walked in front of her and placed her hands on the brunette's cheeks.

"I remember very well." She leaned forward to kiss her deeply before pulling her tongue out to lick her lips and then pull away.

"Come on, you can't do that." Carina said frowning and leaning her head back.

"I can. I can and now you call Jo." She said grabbing her phone from the livingroom table to give it to her wife.