Big Belly Baby Shower

five months earlier

"Okay why don't we take a deep breath? Carina please just wait a minute." The blonde tried to reason with her terrified wife who was pacing around the room.

"I'm not freaking out Maya, a bleed is a bleed." The brunette walked to the kitchen half dressed picking a large glass to fill it with water.

"I know a bleed is a bleed but you are an OB/GYN right? What do you say about that bleed?" Maya sitted on the chair looking at her concerned wife.

Carina woke up that morning and went to the bathroom to see a little drop of blood in her underwear which led to a not so pleasant awakening for the blonde and a very scared Carina.

The italian took a deep breath after she had finished her water.

"As an OB I would probably say that the baby is getting attached to the internal placenta which means it's growing and unless the bleeding grows...everything is fine." She spoke in an understandable medical language so that Maya could follow her.

"Good then. You see? Nothing to worry about. Now we both go to work, I take Leslie with me, and unless the bleeding grows I will simply see you tomorrow morning." Maya stood up and walked towards Carina to place a soft kiss on her lips smiling.

"But I know you're still not comfortable so as soon as you get to the hospital you can have am ultrasound." She eventually spoke knowing that her wife was waiting for nothing but that to be sure everything was fine.

"Yeah I definitely will." She laughed giving her wife another kiss.

"Ok I'm ready." Leslie showed up from her bedroom dressed with a floral skirt and a white crop top.

"I can see that." Maya smiled looking at how beatiful she was. "Let's go." She turned towards her wife to kiss her again and then walked to the door to grab her backpack.

"See you tonight Car." Leslie said following the blonde out of the apartment.

"Okay Carina I don't see anything unusual so don't be scared alright?" Jo said laughing a little especially knowing that the italian was aware that a little bleed was nothing to be worried about.

"Thanks Jo. I was just...terrified you know? That it might escalate. I don't think I could survive that again." She said, her tone getting more and more quiet and sad.

It was close to the end of the first trimester and it triggered some bad memories in her mind that couldn't just go away.

"I bet you were. It's totally understandable Carina. But now you are 100% sure everything is ok so now go get dressed that I have still plenty of things to learn from you before you go on maternity leave."

Maya and Leslie reached the station in five minutes after they left the apartment and went to Maya's office to place their stuff before going up to the beanery.
Maya had told her team that Carina and her were keeping Leslie at their place for a while but little they knew that she was literally living there and that Maya and her wife were thinking about doing a step forward.

As soon as they entered the loud noises of eating firefighters made them burst into laugh and when Travis saw them first he caught everyone's attention to make them quiet down.

Leslie felt more than a little embarassed walking in on silence.

"Morning Captain." Andy spoke first standing up and walking towards them.
"You must be Leslie right?" The girl nodded taking the hand Andy moved forward to shake it.