Babies fly

- November 8th 2023 -

She entered the house early in the morning, tiptoeing on the parquet of the hallway to her bedroom, to make sure her mothers wouldn't wake up.
It wasn't planned that she would stop by at her boyfriend's place for the night but her curfiew was at midnight and she knew both Maya and Carina had an early shift and they wouldn't be awake at that hour, so it didn't seem impossible to come back home at 5 am unnoticed.
She managed to reach the bathroom and wipe away the remains of her makeup, brush her hair and teeth and change her date night clothes with her pyjama.
She walked out the bathroom barefoot to jump in bed still hoping nobody saw her but quickly realising otherwise when the light of her bedside lamp suddenly turned on giving her probably the biggest scare of her life.

"What the f -?" She turned around slamming a hand on her chest to prevent her heart from exploding.

The older brunette gave her a questioning, angry yet worried look without even speaking. Leslie bended putting her hands on her knees, her clothes fallen on the floor, trying to catch her breath.

"Don't do that, ever again." She spoke with a chuckle and turning towards her mother.

"Where have you been?" Carina asked finally standing from her daughter's bed.

Leslie raised back up and looked into her mother's worried eyes, swallowing hard knowing that she couldn't lie, she literally just returned home at five in the morning.

"I was...I - ehm..." She cleared her throat and ran a hand through her hair.

"I was at Tyler's." She eventually admitted, swallowing once more and hoping her mother wouldn't ask further questions.

"And why didn't you tell us, exactly?" The italian asked another subtle question, making Leslie's heart beat faster in her chest.

"Because...I...it wasn't planned." Another swallow, even louder than the others.

Carina's eyes were scrutinizing her daughter, Leslie felt like she was questioning her soul and knew her mother well enough to know she would eventually find out.

"Did you just have sex with him?" The older brunette asked pointing a finger to her girl.

Leslie felt her heart sink in her chest as her eyes opened widely along with her mouth, her throat going dry.

"You had sex with him!" This time Carina almost yelled and both of them heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

Maya walked in, clearly awakened from her sleep an hour earlier, pretty disappointed. She probably didn't realise she was wearing only a bra and shorts.
Her wife immediately glanced at her.

"Why in heaven are you two yelling? Joy fell asleep literally an hour ago." She scratched her head exchanging the same look with her wife.

Leslie remained silent, part of her simply wanted to pinpoint that her mothers just had sex as well apparently and so that there was nothing wrong with it, but thought better.

"Your daughter just had sex with her boyfriend." Carina stated, crossing her arms on her chest giving her wife another silent and uncomfortable look.

"You did?" Maya chuckled smiling at her daughter but immediately changing reaction as soon as she saw Carina's look.

Leslie tried to say something but her brain couldn't keep up with what her mouth intended to do, so nothing understandable actually came out of her throat.

"I'm sorry but that is a bad thing because...?" Maya questioned frowning evidently and looking at her wife.

A loud grown left Carina's mouth, which made the blonde shush her to not wake the baby in the nursery.