Learn how to love

- December 13th 2024 -

"Do you need the car?" Carina asked from the kitchen where she was cooking dinner for Maya and the babies.

"Ehm..no I think we'll just walk." Leslie answered from the living room while tying her shoes.

Once done she walked to where her mother was and wrapped her left arm around her giving a kiss on her cheek.

"You're cheesy." Carina teased turning around to look at her daughter properly.

"Come on baby, it's easy to say: mom-my." They both heard Maya speaking to Elia while walking down the stairs.

"Is she trying to make him talk again?" Leslie asked turning to look at her blonde mother.

Maya was holding Elia up in the air, swirling around. She had been trying to have him say mommy first for around two weeks, even if Carina had told her that every baby had his own time.

"I can hear you two." The blonde laughed joining them.

"Your daughter is cheesy today." Carina spoke turning the spoon in the pot of pasta she was cooking.

"Is she now?" Maya joked, placing Elia in the high chair and walking towards the livingroom to drag Joy away from her toys.

"I'm not cheesy. I'm just nervous." The girl explained fidgeting a little and resting her head on Carina's arm.

"There's nothing to worry about, it's a dinner. It can be friendly even. Just go get her before midnight." Maya spoke walking back with baby J on her hip and gesturing to the clock with her head.

"Yeah. Right." Leslie immediately walked to the entrance to gather her house keys and hat before turning back. "Wish me luck." She spoke turning the key to open the door.

"You don't need any." Carina replied smiling at her as she walked out closing the door.

"She's good at this." The italian spoke while taking the pot to drain the pasta.

"Mommy I'm hungry." Joy whined pulling Maya's sleeve and taking the fork in her other hand.

"I know baby J. See? Almost ready." She pointed to the plates that Carina was preparing before turning towards Elia to tie the bib around his neck.

"Hi." Leslie greeted her uncle when he opened the door once she knocked on it.

"Hello girl." He reached forward to give her a hug before turning back to see Treena approaching.

"Have a good night." Mason spoke to both of them with a wink.

Treena walked out waving at him and stopped next to Leslie.

"You look beautiful." The older girl spoke once she had given a better look at her.

"You too." Treena's cheeks flushed in a bright red that she tried to cover by tilting her head to the side.

"Shall we? I wanna take you somewhere special." The firefighter spoke raising her left arm so that the younger girl could wrap hers around it.

They started to walk, Leslie had planned perfectly how the evening would proceed. She had managed to learn Treena's kitchen favourites in the past two months and immediately thought that taking some street food and eat in on the lakeshore would be the greatest idea. The sun had already set but the moonlight was vivid enough to brighten their faces.
They spoke about literally anything that was crossing their minds, whether it was work or just each other's passions, about family and friends.