A lifetime with you

- March 22nd 2025 -

"Come on bunny, it's time to wake up." Maya whispered in her daughter's ear sitting on the edge of the bed at her side.

She bent down on her giving a soft kiss to her cheek before tucking a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear.
The girl stirred a little and yawned rubbing her eyes with both her fists as she slowly turned towards her mother. That's when she noticed the light coming from the window.

"No Mommy too bright." She whined turning face down on the pillow to cover herself from the light.

Maya chuckled wrapping her arms around the baby to tickle her. Joy burst out laughing much more awake.

"You know why it's so bright? Because it's late and we have to go to the park." Maya announced stopping her tickling.

"We do?" Joy yelled in excitement immediately standing up from the bed.

The blonde laughed and scooped her up going to the kitchen where Carina was finishing cooking breakfast. Elia was giggling smearing blueberry jelly all over his face.

"Here are my bambine." She spoke seeing the pair walk in still laughing for the previous exchange.

"What's so funny?" She asked giving Joy a kiss as Maya leaned forward towards her.

"She just found out we're going to the park and is super excited about it." Maya explained while placing Joy in her chair as Carina turned giving the girl her pancakes.

Joy happily clapped a few times making both her moms laugh as the blonde approached her son to give him a kiss on the head to which Elia reacted reaching his arms up to cup Maya's face.

After breakfast they quickly went out. Leslie was on shift until the afternoon so wouldn't be able to join them till then but Carina had insisted to go out since morning when the sun shone through the window of the couple's bedroom warming their bodies, to make the babies breathe some fresh air.

They settled a blanket on the floor and Maya freed Zeus to let him run around as Carina placed the one year old on the blanket with his toys while Joy immediately ran to the swings and slide to play.
The italian knelt next to the boy to play a little with him making him giggle as she made motor sounds moving the toy firetruck around.

She glanced up to her wife and girl and saw Maya was pushing Joy on the swings making the girl burst out laughing every time she reached the highest point and again when she slid back down where Maya tickled her before pushing her back up.
It made her think, inevitably, about Maya's fears years before. Of how tense she seemed when on the plane to their honeymoon she told the italian that they could try to have a kid after a few days discussing about it.
Seeing Maya with Joy like that made her heart burst with love for her all over again.

Looking back down she saw Elia yawning and looked at the clock seeing it was lunch time for him.

"Hai fame bambino?" She scooped him on her lap and took his bottle from the basket they brought from home with a few supplies. Carina held the baby tight placing his bottle on his lips as he started eating, his dark eyes closing already. The italian smiled and softly kissed his forehead multiple times until she realized he was sound asleep and wasn't eating anymore. She took the bottle away and scooped the baby in her arms to lay him in the stroller moving it back and forth to make sure he'd stay asleep.

Joy came back running breathless, Maya followed still laughing for how much they had been chasing each other in the past few hours. The blonde was already waiting for her baby daughter to say that she wanted to run tracks like her mommy because it was unbelievable how much energy she had.