Epilogue

- November 23th 2043 -

"Carina...we should - we should s-stop..." Maya managed to mumble under her wife's body, who was eagerly kissing her probably for an hour already.

"We've got plenty of time bella." The italian replied stopping her motions for a few seconds before diving back on Maya's neck.

"Our daughter is...literally in the next room." The blonde tried again to reason softly pulling Carina's face from her neck and stroking her cheeks. How lucky did she feel, even so many years later.

"Well that never stopped us, why now?" Carina teased, reaching her hand down between Maya's thighs earning a soft moan that she muffled with a kiss again.

"Well she was too little to understand so..." Maya teased which made it a little hard for the italian to actually stop. Carina giggled as she took her hand a little further down.

"She was here until four years ago bambina, she wasn't little." The brunette laughed still working on her wife's body, softly caressing her abdomen.

"Carina I'm serious..." The blonde laughed before her wife's tongue travelled in her mouth. She pulled away again. "We've got everything to cook and eight people are gonna be here in two hours." Maya explained finally sensing that she was succeeding. For how great it was to make out with her wife like teenagers in their fifty, they still had plenty of things to do planned for the day.

"We'll give them the leftovers of yesterday's lunch." Carina stroked Maya's arms while trailing a few kisses down her chest.
The blonde burst out laughing before her laughter got stuck in her throat when Carina started to massage her breast.

"Okay fine, five more minutes." Maya gave in finally letting her body feel all the feelings.

In the opposite room Joy was quickly texting on her phone, her nails tapping on the screen. Being the one living farthest away she had arrived back in Seattle three days ago to see her family, right after her college lessons had finished for Thanksgiving break.
It was funny, to say the least, that her mothers still could enjoy some time together in the middle of the morning even twenty years into their marriage. She wished she could have that too in a few years.

A knocking on the door stratled her off of her screen as the door slowly opened.

"Hi bambina. Your mother and I are going downstairs to start cooking. Are you joining us?" Carina asked pecking her head inside the room that now Joy wasn't sharing with anyone anymore. The italian was holding her hair up in a bun, which showed the few grey hair between the browns.

"I'll be right downstairs...did you enjoy the past few hours?" She asked her mother teasingly earning a laughter and a 'oh shut up' from the italian.

She texted a few more minutes before quickly jumping off of the bed, out of the room and down the stairs like she did when she was little.

"So what's the plan?" She asked taking a seat on one of the chairs that surrounded the table. She knew her mother had planned basically every step of the lunch, clearly including the food even if it were Carina to cook.

"Well your mother is going to prepare for us some appetizers and the crespelle with ricotta and spinach. Then of course we will have turkey." The blonde explained while stacking some pots for Carina to use.

"And sweet potatoes?" Joy asked concerned that her mothers didn't include that.

"We have sweet potatoes bambina." Carina laughed turning to grab the spinach cutter to start making the crespelle. They had decided the day before that even though Thanksgiving was an American tradition, also some Italy would be on the table and now she was making one of her favourite meals for her whole family.