I've got everything I need

- November 21st 2024 -

"Is it normal that every single time I smile at him, he just wants to steal my nose?" Maya laughed looking at her baby boy on the toy blanket lying on the floor.

"It's because of how you crinkle it." Carina laughed, walking closer to her wife.

"Don't mock me for my nose." Maya replied laughing along and taking Carina's hand in hers to drag her to the couch.

"He's wonderful." The American spoke after a little while, eyes still on the baby.

"He is." Carina smiled thinking about the past few years that brought them to that exact moment.

Bah came running in a few minutes later, both women lying on the couch in their back, TV turned on but completely ignored.

"Hey puppy." Maya laughed when the dog jumped on the couch and walked to rest on her abdomen.

"When are your mom and Mason coming?" Carina asked now that they weren't focused only on each other anymore.

"They should be here in...half an hour." Maya answered reading the time on her watch and standing up from the couch, releasing herself from Carina's embrace.

The italian wined, closing her eyes and pucking her lips to have a kiss. Maya complied before taking her wife's hands to lift her.

"We have to dress Joy, she's still in her PJ." The brunette chuckled, giving he wife a soft kiss before walking upstairs to wake the little girl.

"I'm gonna go wake Leslie." The blonde replied following her wife.
She stopped in front of Leslie's room, the door closed and knocked a few times before opening it.

"Girl. Grandma and Mason are gonna be here in a few, we're having dinner all together." She told the girl, walking inside to open the window. "And try at least once a week to make air circulate in this room." She pulled the sheets off of Leslie's body.

"Mom come on! It's cold." She immediately took the sheets back to cover herself.

"Try not to wear shorts then." Maya laughed leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

"You know that I always do." Leslie sank her head in the pillow to hide her face from her mom's kisses.

"We worked for like thirty hours straight, just let me sleep." She wined covering her eyes from the light.

"I'll give you ten minutes to get dressed, or even just stay in your shorts and catch a cold." The older firefighter joked turning to exit the room. She stopped to ask something else. "Do you want to invite also Treena over?"

"Ehm...no, why? I mean she's like busy with...something. I don't think she could make it." Leslie stumbled on her words and Maya knew it wasn't just because of her daughter's exhaustion.

"Okay. No problem. Get dressed." She spoke one last time walking out with Leslie's groans in the background.

Katherine and Mason arrived on time around twenty minutes after Leslie was downstairs fully dressed.
The family gathered around the table chatting about thousand of different things, from Elia's morning routine to 19's last shifts and delivered babies.
Once finished Katherine took both of her younger grandchildren to go and play with them in the livingroom, leaving the mothers and the older daughter to tidy the kitchen, Mason helping here and there.

"Mom can I ask you something?" Leslie spoke a few minutes later, looking at her blonde mother.

"Shoot." Maya replied, taking the glass Carina was handing her to dry it with the towel and pass it to her brother who could set it in the cabinets.