It's true

two months later

"Herrera what's the status?" The Captain almost yelled through her radio.

"I'm heading down, I've got the teenager with me. Heavy breathing but conscious. I'm halfway there Cap." Herrera's responce arrived immediately which relieved the Captain.

The whole house was burning down and Andy was the only one still inside.

Miller was able to get the father out fast enough because he was in the livingroom, but the young daughter of the man got stuck on the second floor because a beam had fallen on the stairs crushing them and Andy had to drag her out through the hole that created in the roof.

They got the call almost an hour before but were already shutting off the flames.

"Great job guys, really great." The blonde spoke once again through her radio as soon as she saw Andy coming out and Travis with Ben running towards her and the girl. She was alert and responsive, coughing a little but safe.

They closed up everything and headed back to the station to rest a little. It was 2:30 AM and they were devastated, four calls in the past seven hours.

"You're good to go. I'll let you know whenever it'll be time for a new ultrasound but the baby looks totally fine so don't worry Martha."
She italian OB was trying to reassure her patient as much as she could, being the woman terrified because she took a fall in the bathroom earlier that day.

"Thank you Doctor Deluca." The woman answered pulling her shirt back down and standing up to go out of the room.
She turned around once more to speak to the Doctor.

"And...I'm sorry for your loss Doctor." She said with a simpathetic smile that Carina warmly accepted.
As soon as the door closed she sighed so loudly that a low creak left her throat.

She was so tired of everybody telling her that, of everybody being worried and looking at her with pity. It had been two months already, was it really still necessary?

She left the room because she got paged to the pit for a consult, nothing major, the mom was totally fine and had just panicked because she sliced her finger cutting vegetables.

It was hard sometimes for her not to heavily react to the stupidy of some mothers who would get worried over dumb things.
She had lost half of the blood in her body, that was something worth being worried for.

She was already walking away from that crazy woman when she saw Amelia leaning on the nurses' table reading a chart. She frowned so evidently that Carina wanted to know what that was about.

"You look confused." She stated coming closer to the neurosurgeon.

"I am. I just did a brain scan on a girl that Warren and Montgomery brought in last night after rescuing her from a fire and she has a mild concussion that dates back to at least a month ago. And it's pretty severe actually but she never made it give a look at."

"Maybe she didn't know?" Carina tried to guess.

"This kind of concussion had to make her feel sick and dizzy for at least a week. And the headache must have been unbearable.
It's not like hitting a cabinet's opened door."
The Doctor explained.

"Oh." Carina was surprised, not that she was an expert but her friend was surely right.

A loud yell came from the end of the hall where a tall and probably drunk man was trying to go through two nurses that were keeping him behind.

"That is the father." Amelia stated. Just those four words made Carina connect the dots over what her friend was trying to tell her.