Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fσɾƚყ Tԋɾҽҽ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fσɾƚყ Tԋɾҽҽ: Family Drama, Understanding and Jokes

Kayla had known better than to just go running out to go join the search parties for Jim

She wouldn't be able to help anyone if she got herself lost looking for the very person who had disappeared.

Merlin eventually left her in her horror shocked silence in the lounge in favour of going into the garage.

Her eyes were too dry to summon up tears again, but she so desperately wanted something to happen, rather than just sitting there silently, trapped within her own mind.

Not even Heirloom's floating words could pierce through the lockdown the Last Angel had fallen into.

A hand was placed on Kayla's shoulder, making her tilt her head up abruptly, instincts ready for anything as she felt the four fingers, the feeling of live stone moving, a glimpse of sharp horns, partnered with rd-black armour...

...and familiar deep ocean blue eyes.

Kayla blinked, the haze that her mind had fallen into receding ever so slightly as she blinked her eyes again, her voice hoarse as she spoke far too quietly, "Jim?"

The male's face flashed with unease, but then it was taken away by the relived smile that Kayla knew far too well, "Hey, Kayla," he said, "It's good to see you actually got some rest-"

She swallowed as she took in his appearance, eyes running over the stone that made up her nephew's body where skin used to be. The pointed ears were alike to Strickler's and Nomura's changeling forms. "You used it," it was a statement. Both of them knew that it wasn't a question. Not by the mere fact that Jim now looked like this.

Jim looked like he wanted to cry as he swallowed, "I'm sorry," he spluttered out, "I just wanted to protect you, Mom, my friends... I needed something to help. I know that I was useless, and Merlin-"

"Jim," Kayla interrupted, sighing as he glanced up at her in confusion before she stepped forward to hug him. She ignored how he stiffed in surprise. If was due to the fact that it was Kayla initiating the hug, or just pain olf shock, then she didn't bother guessing about it. She sighed again as she struggled to convey what she felt in words, "I understand, I do, really."

His entire body relaxed, and he finally wrapped his arms around her.

They stood like that for a while, just knowing that Kayla knew why he had done it made Jim feel better already. Only slightly, but it was a whole of a lot better than when he had found himself lost in the forest.

Kayla understood where he stood, why he chose the path he had chosen. She was able to understand him more than his mother could.

"I'm so sorry that you had to pick this," Kayla murmured to him as her comfort with the hug quickly faded, easily ending the hug to let herself feel as if she could breathe. Her breath came out shakily,  "It should've been-"