Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯҽʅʋҽ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯҽʅʋҽ: She fears the future.

The pit was larger than Kayla had originally thought

The pit was larger than Kayla had originally thought. Apparently it wasn't just a pit, but it branched out into millions of different cave tunnels.

Kayla had picked one at random, hoping that one would lead her to the Trollhunter.

It was nice at first, the caves were mostly silent. A couple crystals were glowing every few meters so she would be able to see where she was going, even without her glowing silver and golden armour.

She couldn't help the sad smile that crossed her lips, her older siblings would've loved the scenery, despite where she was.

Barbara would've loved to photograph the sights of the crystals, even if she would claim that it was for research to add to the Di Angelo chronicles.

Kevin would've been curious as to what made the different crystals glow, and why the crystals glowed if no one came down into the tunnel-caves.

And if Kayla had been with them, she would have rolled her eyes at the pair, whilst secretly cutting away chips of the crystals to take home to add to her collection of odd things she gathered from the Troll world.

It was surprising how different the Troll world was compared to the Human world. After all, both species used to live upon the same land. Before a great force cursed trolls to forever live under the light of the night. Humans got the grace of the sun while the trolls got the beauty of the moon. The Di Angelo's however were of neither. They were both sun and moon, and not at the same time.

As she walked through the cave system, she could hear faint shouts in the distance, along with the sound of swords clashing against each other. She jogged toward the sound, hoping- thinking that it was a sign that she was getting closer to her friend.

When she felt that she was getting closer to the sound she sprinted, turning around a corner believing that she would find Jim... only to see a sight she would never have expected.

An older woman in the Angel armour was fighting a blue, four-armed glowing alien who was easily holding his own against the woman.

Kayla jumped back in surprised, a small squeak leaving her lips

Surprisingly the woman and alien didn't hear her- or they were too busy fighting to notice, or care.

The alien snarled something at the woman in his native tongue, and the woman snapped something too furiously, and quickly for Kayla to understand in French.

Kayla was wide eyed as she watched the pair of fighters, neither seeming like they would be able to hit the other anytime soon, and neither going for the killing blow that Kayla knew that both have had several opportunities to do so.

Kayla stood in that cave, transfixed as she watched the pair fight. Her wide green eyes took in every action each warrior made, and she couldn't help but realize something about the pair.

They weren't actually fighting.

Well, they were, obviously, but they didn't truly want to fight each other. It was hard not to see the phantom pain that was buried deep within each warrior's eyes.

Kayla was quick to realize after realizing that they didn't want to fight each other, that they actually loved each other.

Then she finally realized, as the woman sobbed out a scream, why they were fighting.

He wanted to go back to his home planet, while she needed him to stay.

Kayla shook her head at that, moving back into the tunnel-cave she came from, leaving behind the pair of warriors that she would never know that could've been her future.

I like short Chapters today. Huh, who would've guessed?

I love planning different futures, then scrapping them all together. It's helpful for when things like this come up, and I want to add something odd in.

Hope you enjoyed!