Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fσɾƚყ Tɯσ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fσɾƚყ Tɯσ: "Expect the unexpected, and be prepared for the worst."

Kayla's abrupt entrance into the Lake house surprised everyone in it

Which was just Merlin and Jim.

Who were fighting.

"You-" Kayla glared at Merlin, "-sit your old flabby arse down, and you-" she pointed at Jim, "-sit your own arse down before I play the aunt card."

Both males thankfully didn't argue much against her as they sat on a couch in the lounge.

"What Kayla?" Jim asked, antsy, "I have to get going-"

"Jim, shut up," Kayla snapped, "Please."

Thankfully for Kayla's headache, he listened.

"And you, Mr. Wise-guy," Kayla turned her furious eyes onto the wizard who looked nervous, "I know about that stupid "spell" that is a putain potion. I know what it does, and why you're being so secretive about it!"

Merlin froze for a moment, before glaring at her, "Then you understand how important-"

"-It is to allow Jim to know the complete truth about the consequences if he follows through on your instructions," Kayla finished, crossing her arms at the wizard, "Your "spell" is in my books, Merlin. Every single part, every single problem, every single consequence that it causes is in my family's books."

"What do you mean?" Jim asked her, looking more than a little confused.

Kayla turned her pitying gaze onto him, "If you follow this branleur, imbécile, fils de pute, instructions, then you won't be able to come back from it."

"Kayla-"

"Shut up, branleur," Kayla barked out furiously, "This is between Jim and me right this instant. Shut your quiznak."

Both Jim and Merlin looked surprised at this new word.

"Jim," Kayla crouched so she held his hands in hers, looking right into his eyes, "If you do as Merlin says, I can not make things as they were."

"What it is?" Jim asked her, "What is this thing that you keep not wanting me to do?"

"It's a potion that will help you in your battle against Morgana, Gunmar and Angor Rot," Merlin explained, "It will help you get through this war-"

"-But," Kayla interrupted the Wizard once again, "I cannot promise you that I will be able to change things if you do this."

Merlin glared at her, "Why must you fight this? I have foreseen it to happen, many times over-"

"He's sixteen for Gaia's sake!" Kayla snapped at him, "He still has his whole life ahead of him, and you're asking him to throw away any chance at a normal life? He could go to college, get married, have kids, and live a long life- but no! You want to make him a hybrid!"

Her fists were clenched halfway through her screaming match, and Kayla finally let them unclench, still glaring at Merlin, "I chose this life, Jim-" she shook her head, "-your amulet forced him to pick this life. I just want to protect my family."

"Kayla," Jim reached out to her.

"Please Jim," she turned her teary eyes onto him, "Please choose this for yourself, and not because the world is at stake. If it comes to it, and we really need a hybrid, then I'll take the damn potion, but please, please make the choice yourself."

Jim hugged her as she broke down into tears, "Please, Jim," she whimpered pathetically, "Please, I can't lose anyone else."

"It's alright," Jim whispered in her ear, rubbing her back, "I'm not going anywhere right now. I'm here."

Jim had moved the emotionally drained, and extremely tired Kayla to his mother's room before returning downstairs to where Merlin waited for him with the jar.

The jar.

Oh, god, Jim didn't know what to say, or do, or even think about this situation. 

If anyone had asked him if he had seen any of this coming before, he would've gone hell no. Merlin wanted to make a hybrid? What the hell did that even mean?

But from how Kayla had broken down like that, Jim knew it could only mean changing everything.

But, he glanced at the jar, "Will I be able to protect them?" He managed to find his voice somehow.

Merlin looked at him with pity in his eyes, "All of them? No," he sighed, "But most of them? Yes."

Jim swallowed, "Can I protect my family?" He asked.

Merlin sighed quietly, "You will."

Jim closed his eyes, "That's all I needed to know."

When Kayla woke up, she knew something was wrong.

The house was quiet. Too quiet.

She checked her phone as she sat up - off the bed that she now saw wasn't Jim's, so it had to be Barbara's - it was late afternoon now.

Her body felt sluggish, and that must've been from the absolute lack of sleep had been having the past few nights as she searched for an answer, but she encouraged her limbs to move as she stood up.

Kayla managed to make it downstairs - almost falling down a couple of times in the process - and her mood only grew worse when she only saw Merlin.

The wizard had the guts to give her a greeting smile as he sipped at a drink - that smelled a lot like alcohol. How did the enfoiré get his hands on alcohol, Kayla didn't want to know - and Kayla managed to stumble towards him.

"Where..." she swallowed, licking her dry lips, "Where's Jim?"

Merlin sipped at his drink again, "Out."

Kayla's eyebrows furrowed, "Where is everyone else?"

"Out."

The uncomfortable feeling that Kayla had since she woke up only grew the more Merlin avoided answering her question directly.

"Merlin," his eyes met hers when she spoke his name so furiously, "Where are Jim and the others."

Merlin sighed, "Unfortunately I do not know where the Trollhunter is, his friends and family are looking for him as we speak."

Kayla froze, her anger dissipating as horror took place.

"No..."

Here's Chapter Forty Two

It's a bit vague, but y'all know what happens in the show. But, I'll probably end up explaining things just to get a higher word count for the next chapter😂.

Hope you enjoyed!