Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sҽʋҽɳ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sҽʋҽɳ: A Changeling's Change of Heart.

Kayla rolled her eyes as the pair of friends in Nonura's old cell once again attempted to break through the crystal bars

"Aw, man, I really thought we had it this time," Toby groaned in pain from the zapping.

"I don't think this door's gonna open," Claire admitted.

"And it took you crétins this long to notice?" Kayla's voice was filled with sarcasm, and snark.

"Well, do you have any better ideas?" Toby snapped at her, "Feel free to drop some by."

"Va te faire foutre, connard.  La seule raison pour laquelle je suis ici, c'est parce que je protégeais votre Trollhunter!" Kayla snarled out furiously, neither of the other two understood a word if what she was saying.

"Okay, okay," Claire said diplomatically, "We just need to stop fighting each other-" she gave Toby a look to which he huffed at "-and find a way out of here."

Her eyes fell on Chompsky, "Hold, on. Kanjigar said we needed Chompsky to be our guide and more. You don't think…."

"You'll forgive me if this works," Claire said, doing something to make the Gnome protest.

Kayla stuck her head as close as she could to the bars of her cell to just make out Claire shoving Chompsky into the keyhole.

A few moments later, and the bars of the cell Toby and Claire was in opened.

"How would Kanjigar know that?" Toby asked, his voice curious. 

"Who cares," Claire said, getting a little impatient, "Let's get Kayla out, and go find Jim."

Chompsky still protested, as he was pushed into the lock that opened Kayla's cell, but he still did as Claire asked him. The little Gnome coming out milliseconds after he unlocked the cell.

The two friends finally got their first look at the girl who had protected their Trollhunter.

Dark brown hair, forest green eyes, silver armour alike to the Trollhunter's, only with golden mesh underneath instead of black. A golden lasso was wrapped around her waist much like a belt. Her lips twitched into a smile for a moment, seeing the crystal bars gone giving her hope for a second, before a metaphorical mask slid into place over her emotions.

"Let's go," Kayla said to the pair.

Claire looked at the Gnome in her hands, "Chompsky, go find Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!!"

"Ha! Such a spunky little fella," Toby chuckled as they watched the Gnome run off.

"Hurry," Kayla said, turning the other way down the corridor, the direction where Jim was, "We're running out of time."