Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tԋιɾƚყ Tԋɾҽҽ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tԋιɾƚყ Tԋɾҽҽ: The Case of the Cursed Cave.

After Kayla's visible show of irritation, the Trollhunter, and the Angel made their way further down the path

Toby's weapon was the first to fall to the effects of the magik cave, going heavy as if fell to the floor before the hammer disappeared into the handle. "Huh, why no war hammer magic?"

Kayla was about to correct him on his pronunciation of the word (it was "magik" not "magic"), when her armour disappeared, and she held out her hands to catch Heirloom who dropped from her place over Kayla's heart.

"Heirloom?" Kayla's eyes widened, "What's wrong?"

"I cannot-" Heirloom was breathing hard, even if she and Heirloom knew the being didn't need to breath, it was a human action that had never been forgotten throughout time, "-no magiks here. Merlin, protection spell-"

Kayla was internally panicking as Heirloom's voice cut off, "Heirloom? Heirloom? Come on, repsond! Please!"

Heirloom didn't respond verbally, but the amulet did glow slightly before dimming to a faint golden glow.

"Veuillez vous reposer, rassemblez vos forces mon ami le plus proche," Kayla whispered to the amulet that held the soul of her dear friend.

The amulet glowed faintly once more before going a dull golden colour. The colour was more of a dark orange than golden by then.

Kayla sighed, ignoring the Trollhunters when they spoke of the spell that had been cast upon the tomb of Merlin. However, when the name of her friend came into the conversation, Kayla was instantly alert once more.

"Draal is free?" Blinky spoke.

"There's no magik," Kayla spoke up, startling the Trollhunters, "Gunmar's magik would have been washed away by the spell."

"Then we're not just here for Merlin's staff," Jim said, ever the loyal one, "We can save Draal as well."

Kayla raised an eyebrow at them, they thought that they could save Draal? Without their weapons? She doubted that.

They were quick to descend into the cave, Kayla had placed Heirloom in her jacket pocket to keep Heirloom safe as they walked through darkness.

The ended coming into a room, one that gave Kayla goosebumps on the back of her neck. "Lumière," she whispered under her breath, and a small ball of light appeared in her palm.

"You can do magic as well?!" Tobias gasped at her.

Kayla scowled, "I can do some magik," she corrected him, "Only the necessaries."

"How can you use the magik in here?" Claire asked the obvious question, making the Ttrollhunters all look to the Angel.

"My family's magiks run deeper than any spell," Kayla scowled at the mention of such thing, "Besides if I speak a spell in another language that isn't Latin or Trollish, it's like a loop-hole."