23. To Give You the Moon

Surprise!! Okay, enjoy the chappyyy!

***

Harry stared at the screen of Louis' phone that he handed over before letting out a sigh. These gossiping sites are annoying sometimes, well, all the time.

"So what if I'm gay? What if I date a 'twink'?" Harry asked. 

"I know right." Louis let out a sarcastic laugh. "Just ignore it, babe. It's not like we were hiding our relationship." Louis commented. 

"Yeah, anyway, shall we move downstairs for breakfast?" Harry asked while locking Louis' phone and handing it over to him. Louis nodded and followed the taller lad to the elevator. The elevator stopped two stories down and Anne greeted two boys as she got in. 

"How are you boys doing?"

"We are good!" Louis responded with a smile after waiting for Harry to respond but he didn't. Harry just hummed after Louis responded while nodding at his mom. He was kind of okay with his mother, but he was afraid that she would leave again and not return for another 2 years if he showed her that he forgives her this soon. 

They all walked into the dining room to find the table already set. They sat around the big table and started filling their plates with food. Anne was in middle of filling her plate when her phone rang. She excused herself from the table and went out of the room to answer the call. 

"Hello, Des, what is it?" She asked her husband.

"Are you still at Harry's?" He asked from the other side. 

"Yeah, yeah, I told you I'll be here for some days" She responded. 

"Oh okay. It's about some news I got today. Is he gay?" Desmond asked. 

"Uh- he didn't tell you that?" Anne asked, kind of knowing Desmond's opinions. 

"Well, yeah, we didn't call or anything anytime soon." Desmond replied. 

"Well, um, yes, he is. I even met his boyfriend. He is a nice lad." Anne responded. 

"Yeah, yeah, I saw him on social media. I just didn't know this until pictures of you and them were all over my social media." 

"Oh, yes. We got papped yesterday when we went shopping. Is there something you wanna talk about that?" Anne asked because she could sense something is wrong. 

"I don't like the fact that my only son is gay. I mean after me, Harry can take over the business but after him who's gonna take over our business? Some random foster kid?" Desmond asked without any variation in his voice. That's how he is. He always talks so calmly, no matter what the feeling is. He just talks like he doesn't care. 

"Uh- Well, if you put it that way it sounds bad but still whoever that takes over the business after Harry would be raised by him, so it'd be no problem." Anne replied, trying to stop this before it escalades into a fight between son and father. 

"That's not our blood, Anne. Just let him know that I don't like it and it needs to stop immediately." He just said those words before hanging up without leaving Anne any space to talk. 

The elder woman let out sigh. She knew that Harry was happy with Louis and she saw how his eyes twinkle when he look at the smaller boy. She could practically feel their love just by looking at them. She didn't want to say these to his son and watch his heart shatter because she knew that the relationship between Louis and Harry was not just another fling. 

She walked back to the dining room to find the teenagers feeding each other while laughing. She decided to keep the bad news for later and let the two boys enjoy their moment.