13. Secrets

"Let's go home. It's getting late." Harry checked the time on his phone.

"Okay." Louis shrugged but kept on staring at him as if he was too lazy to stand up from the ground. Harry smiled fondly the boy and stood up from the ground before offering his hand to Louis. Louis looked thankful as he shot off of his place on the grass with Harry's help.

They walked down the small paths in the park in silence until Harry saw something particular, a family to be exact. He didn't know that he has stopped walking until Louis called his name.

"Harry?"

"Uh- yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Harry shrugged and continued walking with Louis' hand still in his leaving Louis no choice but to follow him.

"Do you know them?" Louis' curiosity was getting the best of him.

"No, I don't." Harry stared out at the park not daring to look at Louis.

"Something is wrong. I can tell that but I'm not going to bother you about it. But, remember that I will always listen if you need someone." Louis said and that snapped something in Harry.

"Just don't say things you can't do." He snapped at Louis before letting go of his hand and walking away from him leaving Louis to stare at the way he walk away with his mouth parted in disbelief.

This is why Harry's conscience always told him to never ask Louis out because his issues will always leave a hole in their relationship.

-

"And he just fucking walked away like I was none of his business, Liam!" Louis said throwing his hands around. Once he got home, he called Liam to get him to come over so he can dump all his stress on him to be at least a bit relaxed.

"What the fuck?" Liam wondered out loud.

"That's what I'm talking about." Louis shrugged and leaned back on the couch letting out a stressed sigh. Then there was only silence as they both got lost in their own worlds of thoughts.

"It has something to do with the family you guys saw." Liam stated breaking the silence. Louis stared at him as he bit on his bottom lip before nodding.

"He definitely wasn't mad at me. He was mad at something else and what he said before he left proves that. He told me to not say things that I can't do when I said that I'll always be there to listen." Inner Sherlock of Louis was showing off.

"That's it!" Liam shouted as if he found gold. "He's just a lonely bastard and he doesn't believe in people when they say that they are there because he must have probably been hurt by someone before."

"It's just an assumption, Li. We don't know anything." Louis sighed once again. "But I'm sure that he wasn't mad at me because I did nothing to make him mad." Louis said more to himself.

"You better talk to him." Liam advised and Louis nodded along.

"Yeah, I better."

-

Louis tried once again to call Harry but the line only went straight to voicemail. Louis sighed as he laid back on his bed.

It's just been a week since they started dating but drama is already here but Louis is somewhat happy that he's seeing a different Harry this early so he can make decisions of his own if needed before it is too late. He has been wandering all day what must cause Harry's outburst. What Liam assumed was reasonable but it's just an assumption. You just can't sit there and make assumptions about someone's life as you only see few sides of their life.