21. Surprises

"It's Harry's birthday in few weeks, mom. I have no idea what to do. He has done so much for me and gosh, I can't just let his birthday slip like something normal but since he has almost everything he needs, I don't know what I should give him." Louis groaned as he fell onto the couch next to his mom.

"Well, baby, I have no idea either. Like you said, he has everything." Jay sighed as she put away the book she was reading.

They were silent for few moments and Louis immediately sat up as a light bulb went off in his head.

"I should bring him his parents!" Louis squealed and Jay looked at him with curious eyes.

"Well, that's not much of a gift, darling." Jay asked, bewildered since she didn't know what the situation is.

"Uh- I mean, his parents weren't here for Christmas and I thing he would be really happy to see them." Louis carefully explained, trying not to say anything he promised Harry to not tell anybody.

"Oh, right. That's a great idea but how are you gonna contact them, darling?" Jay asked.

"I'm gonna write an email first. If it didn't work, I'm gonna steal the numbers from Harry's phone and call 'em." Louis grinned at his mother, who smiled fondly back at him.

Louis wrote an email to Mr. and Mrs. Styles and waited a week for them to reply. Even after a week of waiting he didn't get a reply from them and that lead him to his plan B.

-

Louis popped open an eye to see if his boyfriend was awake which he was not. Louis waved a hand above Harry's face just to make sure. When he got no sign of Harry being awake, he quietly climbed out of the bed. He walked over to Harry's desk and took his phone before leaving the room with it.

Louis quickly searched 'Mom' on Harry's contact list and grinned when a number pops up. He pressed call but there was no answer from the other end. He called three more times and on the fourth time, Mrs. Styles answered.

"Harry, darling, make it quick. I'm busy here." She sounded irritated and Louis felt fear run down his spine but he decided to be brave.

"Uhm- um.. Ma'am this is not Harry but I'm a friend of him. I wanted to talk with you about some arrangement about his birthday. I-"

"God, kid! Do you know how busy I am here? Just cut the crap and say what you wanna say before I hang up."

"Uh- I'm sorry but I wanted to ask if you can come to his place on his birthday? I want to make it a surprise, so please don't tell him." Louis quickly explained his purpose.

"Well, I don't know if we'll be able to come there but is it necessary?"

"Well, you're crossing my line and if you don't already know this Mrs. Styles, he misses you so much. You don't even know that he cries himself to sleep on some nights just because his parents were never here with him growing up. Also, a big mansion, money and few workers can't give what a parent can give to a child. Love, nothing can give the love of parents other than parents themselves. Anyways, think about what I asked you and email me if you're coming. I have already sent you an email. My name is Louis Tomlinson." Louis was actually surprised when Mrs. Styles silently listened to all he said, well yelled.

"Ahem- okay, kid. Goodbye." Louis hung up with a goodbye and a roll of his eyes.

He can still feel the anger run through his veins. What kind of a parent asks if it's necessary to attend to their child's birthday party?

"Louis?" A sleepy Harry popped his head out of his room and Louis quickly pocketed his boyfriend's phone.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" He giggled at his boyfriend.