6.

I lay the bottles on the floor before climbing into the red Toyota. I try hiding my smile as I look at him. He notices me holding back, "What?" He questions, oddly serious.

"Not what I expected you to drive." I admit with a chuckle. He rolls his eyes and his serious demeanor drops almost instantly.

"Hey," he warns, his voice still dark although his features express humor, "Don't hate on the whip."

I can't hold it in anymore, I burst out laughing. It must be contagious, as he joins allowing me to hear his laughter for the first time, even see his smile for the first time.

Fuck.

He shifts the car in drive and begins ascending down the road. He rolls the windows down, allowing the night breeze to travel through the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask, gazing out the window watching the street lamps flash by in a haze.

"Don't worry about it." He responds.

I turn to look at him, glaring, "And you say I suck at answering questions." I mutter.

All he does is smirk before flicking the blinker on, taking a sharp turn. I latch onto the seat, trying to keep my balance from shifting.

"How can I not question that you drive a Toyota but you treat it like a race car?"

"You're talking too much."

I take the hint and just shut up. The buildings slowly become more sparse as he drives us away from the city. Anxious thoughts begin popping into my head, but I push them off. A hill comes into view, nothing but trees on either side of the road. He pulls off into the grass and shuts the car off.

Without a word, he climbs out of the car. I sit in hesitation for a moment, trying to decide if I even feel safe or not. I jump when he leans down, peeking into the window. Almost as if he can read my thoughts, he says, "I'm not going to kill you or anything. Just wanted to show you something cool. Bring those." He points to the bottles resting at my feet.

I lean down and grab one in each of my hands before getting out. Crickets create a white noise as we walk down a path. He takes his phone out of his jeans and uses it as a flashlight as I trail close behind him. The trees open up, and a dark shadow appears in the distance. As we get closer, I see it's an old, deteriorating house.

"Colby.." I whisper, trying to mask my fear.

He stops and turns to me, taking a bottle from my one hand before locking his fingers with mine, "I'm not gonna hurt you. Y'know, you're gonna feel like a real ass once I take you in there."

I swallow the lump in my throat, searching his eyes for assurance. I just nod as he guides me to the creaky stairs of the abandoned house. He pushes the door open. Moonlight seeps in between the separation of the boards over the windows. Faded, dusty furniture litters the interior, although nothing seems to be intentionally damaged, only touched by time.

He brings me all the way up to the attic. There I see the only window that hasn't been covered. He releases my hand to slide it open before stepping out onto the roof. He extends his arm for me to grab onto for support as I join him. The roof is still strong enough to carry our weight, but anxiety spreads over me nonetheless.

I look out. Beneath the hill, a thousand tiny lights gleam back at me. From here, LA is silent.

I hear him uncap the bottle of pink Whitney he took from me, "See?" He smirks, bending down and taking a seat.

I sit next to him, examining the beautiful scene in front of me, "Why'd you bring me here?" I question.

He shrugs, taking a swig from the bottle.

I take the opportunity to ask another question, "How'd you get to me so fast? LA is forty minutes from Arcadia."

"You sound like Bella Swan. You want me to admit I'm a vampire?" He teases, causing me to laugh with defeat, "I live here, not with Jake." For once, he actually answers a question.

I don't know anything about him, and it appears he wants to keep it that way so I resist the urge to ask him anything else.

We sit and drink in a comfortable silence before it gets interrupted by my phone ringing. I reach for it, but Colby stops me. I look at him with confusion, although my vision is slightly blurred from the alcohol.

He gently grabs my chin with his hand, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Are you drunk yet?" He whispers, his breath hitting my lips.

"No."

"Good."

•••

I put my shirt back on, a mix of awe and shock colliding with each other in my head. The sun is beginning to creep over the horizon, casting a beautiful orange glow across Colby's face. I can't tell if he's just tired, but he seems so peaceful. I relax my head on his bicep, and he traces shapes with his finger on my cheek.

"I thought you didn't want to remember me." I say softly, letting my eyes fall shut with his touch making me calm.

"You've been hard to forget."

His response leaves me with a million questions. We don't even know each other's last names. We know nothing about each other. He may want it to stay that way, but all I know for sure is that I want to know more.

~~~

Hey guys! It's been so long since I started this I don't even know where I wanted it to go anymore so I'm just gonna wing it lol. Hope you're enjoying it so far :)