34.

A/N: I just saw we're #4 in the colbybrock tag! Holy shit!! Thank you guys so much that's actually insane to me.

Sleeping last night in itself was just a mere dream, my anxieties and questions swarming too loudly in my head to allow my eyes to shut peacefully.

Once the sun peaks through the windows, I shimmy out of the bunk and quietly pad my way over to my suitcase, grabbing a fresh pair of clothes before stepping into the bathroom, hoping a cold shower will wash away my drowsiness.

To my dismay, the cold water and shivers has little effect, only putting me in a more miserable mood.

When I exit the bathroom, I spot Kat awake, sipping on a glass of juice, "Morning." She whispers warmly with a smile.

"You want to go grab a coffee?" I ask quietly, as everyone else is still asleep.

She nods and we sneak out of the RV unnoticed. As soon as we're a good distance away, I can't help but bombard her, "Did you know Shea was coming?"

She nearly chokes on her breath in confusion, "What? No? When is this happening?"

"Apparently today." I sigh, opening the Uber app on my phone to get us a ride to the closest Starbucks.

"Did Colby tell you?" She asks, trying to connect the pieces to this mystery.

"I saw her text him on his phone last night when he was asleep. She's on her way." I explain glumly.

We sit on the edge of the lot towards a field, waiting for the Uber to arrive. I can see the calculations floating around in her head, but by her response she hasn't come to any conclusions, "Why would he invite her?"

I shrug, bouncing my leg to calm myself. Within a few minutes, a silver Ford Escape pulls into the lot.

**

My phone vibrates on the table in front of us, Colby's name lighting up the screen.

Colby
Where are you?

Colby
Are you with Kat?

Colby
We're getting worried, are you okay??

I flip my phone over, he has no right to be worried right now.

"I can't believe I just got here and I already want to leave." I mumble, staring blankly at my drink.

"Maybe it isn't what we're thinking." Kat says optimistically, although I have no idea what reasonable explanation could make any of this sensible.

"This just feels like Morgan 2.0" I shake my head. The vibrations drag as my phone now rings on the table.  I let it ring, feeling the tension in my chest become tighter, pulling me down further into the booth.

"We should head back before they think we're dead." I roll my eyes, gathering my purse.

"I'd rather be dead instead of watching this shit show unfold."

***

We thank our Uber driver as we step out of the car, relieved to see we weren't abandoned in New Zealand.

My legs are stiff, and it feels like I'm walking through water the closer we get to the RV, "Do you want me to go in first?" Kat offers, carrying my anxiety on her shoulders with me.

"I wanna get it over with."

I never thought I'd regret this trip, especially before it's really even begun. But I have nowhere to run here. I'm foreign to my surroundings. I'm foreign to the people here. I'd be fucked if I just up and fled.

My shaking hand grips the door, and as I gather the courage to pull it open, it does the job for me, swinging towards me with such force I tumble back into the pavement, landing hard on my ass. My palms sting in the gravel as I glare upward, meeting a pair of deep blue eyes shaped by thin eyeliner.

For a split second I swear a catch the shadow of a smirk before it's quickly washed away by surprise as she gasps and kneels down, extending her hand out to me, "I'm so sorry!"

I push myself up onto my feet without her offered help, brushing the dirt off my hands on my jeans.

A thumping noise emits behind her as Colby stumbles out of the RV, his eyes going wide, "Where the fuck have you been?" His brows knit together in a combination of frustration and concern.

"We were getting coffee." Kat answers for me, shooting both of them glares.

I notice Sam, Corey, and Elton peeking through on of the windows, like the scene of some cheesy comedy flick.

Don't make a scene.

"It's too bad you didn't get here a little earlier. You could've joined us." I muster up the absolute fakest smile I could paint to Shea.

She blinks and returns a weak grin, awkwardly fixing her hair, "Maybe next time. I mean, we have a whole month, right?"

"Mhm." I narrow my eyes at her before averting my gaze to Colby.

"Hey babe? Didn't you wanna profess your undying love for me down by the beach?" The tone of my voice is so high I almost wanna punch myself.

His jaw clenches as he reads everyone's faces before silently turning and stomping towards the beach.

I lean towards Kat's ear, "Go show her around or something. I gotta go get gaslit."