16.

Tears well in my eyes as I follow behind Kat in my car to the house.

Messages from Sam flood my phone.

Sam: She just showed up no one knew she was coming.

Y/N I'm so sorry.

Are you okay???

I throw my phone onto the seat, trying to pay attention to the road. The drive becomes a blur as we pull up in front of the curb. I storm out of my car, slamming the door shut hard behind me. Kat rushes over to me, desperately trying to calm me down.

I ignore her and keep walking, pushing my way through the door. My heart beats louder than the music as I snake through the waves of people. I shove myself through into the kitchen, all of the roommates huddled in a group, expressing looks of concern.

"Where are they?" I grab their attention. They all stare at me with dismay. Sam steps forward.

"You lied to me, Sam." I spit with anger.

I pull back when I see the genuine sadness on his face. This is not his fault. I spin on my heels and storm up the stairs.

I freeze when I hit the top step, hearing her all the way from here. I slowly walk down the hall until I reach his door. My skin feels cold, and I fight to hold back the vomit that keeps trying to escape. I turn the knob and push the door open.

Her head jolts to look at me from on top of him, "Y/N?!" She screeches, throwing herself off, clutching at the blankets to cover herself.

I stand there, staring in disbelief. The air becomes water, filling my lungs and weighing me down to the spot I'm watching from. My eyes dart between the two as they struggle to untangle themselves from the lies they've been stringing me along in.

Finally, my eyes fix on Morgan. She stares back at me in shock.

I need to go. I need to leave. I can't be here.

I just purse my lips and bite my tongue, slowly nodding my head with understandment before walking out.

Tears rush down my face as I run down the stairs. Kat and Devyn are waiting at the bottom. They both enclose me in a protective hug, letting me sob into them. They both say a jumble of words to try and make me feel better, but none of it phases me.

"Stay with me for a few days, okay?" Kat says gently, pulling back and cupping my face in her hands while Devyn wipes the tears from my cheeks.

I nod, unable to contain my cries.

"Baby no," Devyn frowns, "You're way too pretty to be crying like this, come on." She sticks her lip out, finally getting me to chuckle. Only because it's total bullshit.

"Y/N." I hear from the top of the stairs.

Kat and Devyn hurry me to the door. The night air feels refreshing as we walk to our cars.

"Y/N! Wait! Please!" Morgan's voice strains as she chases after us.

"Morgan, just leave her alone." Kat snaps protectively.

I turn to face her as she runs up to me, "How could you?" I shout so loud my voice breaks, "You knew! You fucking knew how I feel about him! You have gotten every guy you ever wanted, but you just had to take the one guy I wanted!" My words flow effortlessly with pure anger, "How long?" I scream, giving in to the tears I've been holding back.

Suddenly it hits me, "That was him with you that night in the hotel wasn't it? You were the one blowing up his phone, weren't you? Weren't you?!" Kat and Devyn stand close to me as I break down.

"I- I tried telling you I-"

"Tell me what?" I cut her off, clenching my teeth, "That you are nothing but a self-absorbed slut?!"

"He wanted it too!" She yells back defensively.

I laugh in disbelief at her trying to justify it, "But you are my best friend! He doesn't have to be loyal to me! But you- you... go fuck yourself." I turn to the girls and get in my car, "Let's just go, please."

Devyn hops into the passenger seat next to me as Kat gets into her own car. Before Morgan has another opportunity to speak, we speed off, and I feel more and more relieved the further we get from the house.