25.

I slip in through the front door, instantly catching a hushed conversation coming from the kitchen.

"I don't know man, I'm just nervous to tell her, what if-"

"Everything's gonna be fine! Once you tell her she'll either be super chill or she'll freak out, then we can start planning-"

"Hey, guys." I cut off Elton as I walk in, revealing my presence.

Him and Colby both jump at the sound of my voice. I read their expressions. Elton seems cool and relaxed, Colby on the other hand, seems stressed.

I flash him a soft smile, trying to mask my own nerves about whatever it is he needs to tell me. I try my best to push down the assumptions he's going to tell me something about Shea.

He steps up to me and wraps me in a hug. The scent of his cologne hits my nose, and I ease into his embrace, however I notice another smell reflecting off his breath.

Alcohol.

I glance at Elton from over Colby's shoulder, and he just purses his lips and stumbles off into the garage awkwardly.

I pull away from Colby, letting my hands rest on his forearms as I look him in the eyes, "What's going on?" I decide to jump right into it, afraid that waiting any longer will make me snap.

Everything about the energy in the room is tense, dragging me deeper and deeper into the sea of negative scenarios playing in my head.

He blinks a few times, contemplating his words before he finally spits some out, "Do you want a drink?"

I roll my eyes and let out a sigh of frustration, "Looks like you already had a few for the both of us." I mutter under my breath.

A look of defeat takes over his features as he runs a shaky hand through his hair. But nonetheless, he still doesn't speak.

I bite down on my cheek as I grow more and more annoyed. I already know what he's gonna tell me. I already know what he's been keeping from me. Just, don't.

Keep your mouth shut.

Keep your mouth-

"How long have you been fucking Shea?" I growl, anger taking over me.

He doubles back at my question, his eyes narrowing into a glare, "What the fuck are you talking about, Y/N?"

"What am I talking about?! Dude, every time I even mention her name you shut down! I heard you and Elton talking! You've been hiding something from me!" I try keeping my voice down to avoid getting the attention of anyone else in the house, but I can't help but raise my voice a bit.

"First of all, I'm not your 'dude.'" He snaps, "Second of all, I would never-"

"Don't even! Don't even try! Oh, 'I would never' bullshit! You fucked my best friend for how long behind my back and didn't think I'd find out!"

As much as I wish I would just shut the hell up, I can't. Everything I've been holding back is finally overflowing.

It is just so hard to trust him after what he did.

His face drops with what appears to be guilt, "Y/N.. I.. I'm- please..." he stumbles over his words.

"I need to go, Colby." My eyes fall to the floor after realizing what I've just done.

He starts to walk closer to me, but I quickly spin around and rush out the door.

I just get to my car when I hear his footsteps hurry behind me. Before I can react, his hands are on my waist spinning me around to face him.
He crashes his lips into mine in a panic.

I shiver as his kiss lights me up inside, like all the stars fell from the sky and are glittering from within us.

He pulls away, leaving our foreheads pressed against each other as neither of us wants to let go. Both of us stand in tears, aching for one another.

"Please don't go.." he whispers on my lips, "I'm-I'm so sorry. I'm not him anymore. That was never me I just.. I lost myself until I found you.. Please don't go, Y/N."

I finally let myself fall. I haven't let myself truly feel the pain of how he betrayed me. While we weren't together when it happened, it still hurts. It's still hard to see passed the person I met him as.

I feel weak. I feel embarrassed.

Small sobs escape my mouth as I clutch onto his shirt. So many emotions are dancing through my head. It feels so good to finally be able to let this out, knowing that he's here to hold me and comfort me.

I know I cannot hold this against him forever, I know he didn't do it to hurt me because we weren't together, but I have to accept the hurt so I can let it go.

"Please, let me show you.." his gentle voice pulls me back.

"S-show me what?" I croak, sniffling.

His hands rest on my cheeks as his eyes soften.

"Let me show you that I love you."

***

Hi, friends!! I'm sorry the last few chapters have been kind of boring. I'm trying to make this as realistic as I can by having the reader's trust issues surface. But ah colby dropped the love bomb!!

I have some ideas planned for the next few chapters, but I wanna know what you guys want to see!! Drop any requests or ideas in the comments and I'll try to incorporate them!!