30.

Using my spare key Colby gave me, I unlock the front door and step into the eerily quiet mansion.

A wave of sadness hits me as the silence bounces off the walls back at me. For the first time, the familiar faces I've grown to love are not greeting me with smiles.

I bounce up the stairs, the echoes of my feet hitting the hardwood becoming the only sound besides my soft breaths.

All of my packed bags are still in Colby's room. I throw my stuffed animal I swiped from my old bedroom into one of my suitcases before diving into Colby's bed. His sheets smell like his cologne, and I absentmindedly burry my face further into the soft fabric. They've only been gone for nearly a week now, but I haven't realized just how much I miss their chaotic nature until I walked through the door.

Pulling out my phone, I dial Colby through a FaceTime call. The ringing becomes deafening until the caller unavailable screen reflects back at me.

My flight leaves tomorrow morning, and thus far I've been able to keep it a secret from everyone but Kat. I let her in on my plan so she can keep me updated on where they are so I can surprise them.

Call me when you can <3
I send the text to Colby before rolling on my side and turning on the tv.

Just like the first night I was supposed to leave with them, I find myself restless. Time becomes unbearably slow.

I make it through a few episodes of American Horror Story before my phone starts vibrating beside my arm.

2:15am.

I answer, greeted by Colby, his lips curved into a smile, "Hi, baby!" He beams before narrowing his eyes, "Are you in my room?"

"Yeah," I yawn, returning a sleepy smile back to him, "I missed you so I came here to sleep."

"You're adorable." He gushes, and I hear Sam's voice in the background talking about sharks.

I don't know what it is, but hearing Colby's voice completely 180s my state of mind, sending me into a relaxed state that finally makes me feel ready to sleep.

"You look tired, love." He points, pouting out his lips.

My eyes become heavier as I just hum in response, "I have to get going, call me when you wake up, cutie." He sighs, and I just nod.

The call ends, and I finally drift off.

***

My alarm blares beside my ear, hitting me like a shot of espresso. I sit up, instantly filled with adrenaline. This is it.

I slide off the bed and pad my way into the bathroom. I've given myself enough time to shower, and the hot water wakes me up further.

After I'm dressed, I take a few trips to carry all of my bags out to my car then make my way to the airport.

Time nearly blurs and before I know it I'm finding my seat of the plane.

The fear of never having been on a plane is washed out by my excitement to see my boyfriend and friends again.

All I really have to do is figure out how to avoid Colby's calls for this 18 hour flight.

I text Kat and let her know we just lifted off before relaxing further into my seat, prepared for the adventure awaiting me.