19.

Colby's POV

I glance up from my phone as we turn onto our street, searching for the car I caught a glimpse of during the FaceTime call with Elton. The spot is empty, but all the way at the end of the street, I watch the same car quickly disappear around the corner.

"Dude, wait!" I stop Corey from pulling into the driveway. He jumps at my sudden outburst, slamming on the breaks.

"What?!" He shouts, darting his eyes back and forth to see if he was about to hit something.

"That was Y/N..." I trail off. I know it was her.

Corey lets off the break and we coast into his spot. I hop out of the car, not bothering to grab the food and quickly rush to mine, hoping I can catch up to her.

I stop dead in my tracks, peering into the windows.

"What the fuck?" I say aloud. Sam and Elton appear with cameras, both of them trying to hold in laughter.

"Welcome to the prank wars!" Sam shouts in a stupid voice, his arms quickly dropping to his sides once he sees my angry expression.

"Re-shoot my reaction later." I growl, pushing past everyone and storming inside.

I hear Sam's footsteps follow me up to my room, "Dude.. talk to me, man." He pleads.

I spin on my heels to face him, leaving just a few inches between up, "She was here, wasn't she? Tell me the truth, Sam."

He swallows hard, guilt swimming in his eyes, "Yeah.. she was."

Anger takes control of my being as my fists clench hard at my sides. All before I can take a breath, my fist collides with the wall. Dusty dry wall hugs my skin as Sam just stares at me
in shock. I collapse onto my couch, dropping my head to dig my hands through my hair. I feel his weight press down the cushion next to me, offering a comforting hand on my back.

"How do I fix this, Sam.." I whisper, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

Silence lingers for a while as he just lets me cool off before he speaks, "Why can't you get her off your mind?" He questions cautiously.

I don't even need to think, "I feel like I can be myself with her, even though I haven't really been. I don't know, she's just real, man. I fucked up. She is the first girl I've met here that I felt like I could trust, and I ruined it."

"Then show her," he encourages, "show her she means something to you."

"I tried," I sigh, thinking about the flowers. I wonder if she even kept them.

"No, like.. really show her."

"How?" I peer at him, desperate for an answer.

"Let her in. Be vulnerable."