29.

I smile down at my phone as Colby's name lights up the screen. I answer the facetime, and am greeted by him and all the roommates huddled in a group with wide grins, "Hi!" They all cheer.

"Hi, guys!" I wave to them all from my old bedroom, giggling as they all try talking over each other. Colby separates himself from the group to have our own conversation.

"How was the flight? What're you all up to today?" I ask, trying my best to sound supportive despite being crushed that I can't be there.

"Long," he groans, a small smirk pulling at his lips, "As soon as we got here Elton made is all bungee jump off this bridge."

"What!" I exclaim, "How was it?"

"Terrifying, thrilling... I wish you were here to hold my hand.." His voice trails off as he looks down to the ground.

"Y/N!" My mom's voice calls out form down the hall.

We exchange sad smiles, "I have to-"

"I know, go make sure she's okay. I love you." He assures.

"I love you too." I end the call before getting up and hurrying into my mom's room.

"What's up?" I ask her as I enter.

"Who were you talking to?" She questions from under her blankets.

"Just my boyfriend." I dismiss, "Do you need anything?"

She sits up and pats the spot next to her, "Just some girl time." She sighs.

I smile at her and climb into bed next to her, resting my head on her shoulder, "Tell me about the boy. I'm so out of the loop." She teases.

I can't help but chuckle. I really haven't been good at keeping in touch with my parents since I moved in with Kat, "His name is Colby. He's honestly so amazing, Mom. His friends treat me like family, he treats me like a princess." I get lost in explanation, thinking of a million things I could tell her.

"Why don't you have him over for dinner tonight?" She suggests hopefully.

I frown, shaking my head, "He's in New Zealand right now for work."

"What are you doing here then? Why didn't he bring you with."

I'm surprised at her reaction, "W-well I was supposed to. But I wanted to stay home in case you needed me.."

She gives me her famous look, "Y/N! That's what your father is for. It's about damn time that man does something productive! You didn't have to stay behind, I'm going to be okay. You should go."

I look at her with confusion, "B-but-"

"But nothing. Honey, I don't want you missing out on making good memories. We still have that college money put away in case you needed it for something else. Use it for this trip!"

"Are you sure, Mom?" Part of me wants to go, but the other part feels guilty for leaving her after she just got injured.

"Yes, I'm sure."

I wrap her up in a tight hug before rushing into my room to gather my things.