7.

It's been a week.

I'm beginning to understand the emotions Morgan felt when Jake wouldn't talk to her.

Only difference is, she got over it after that night in LA with her all-night distraction.

My texts don't even deliver.

It's easy for her to move on, guys swoon over her everywhere she goes. And me, I go unnoticed. So, it was nice to finally have someone see me. I just wanna know why. Why would he lead me on?

He probably has no idea he's been on my mind non-stop ever since that night on the roof.

"Hey," I jump as I'm pulled from my thoughts by a tapping on my shoulder, "You have a table, babes." My co-worker, Katrina announces.

I sigh, grabbing my checkbook but before I make my way over, she stops me, "Are you okay, Y/N? You've seemed out of it for a few days now." She asks sweetly, looking genuinely concerned.

I shake my head dismissively, "No, yeah, I'm good. Just guy troubles. It's not a big deal." I answer shortly, not really wanting to get into it at work. Definitely not the place to breakdown.

"Well, if you want to get your mind off it, my boyfriend and his roommates are having this huge party tonight. If you and your friend want to come? I don't really have many friends yet after moving here, so I could use some company that I actually know.." She sticks her bottom lip out, pouting to persuade me.

She recently moved here from Canada a few months ago to be closer to her boyfriend. I only know bits and pieces of her life, since I only started the job two weeks ago. Kat has been super nice to me since day one.

"Okay," I smile, "It wouldn't hurt to get me out of my apartment and out of my head for a night."

She jumps up and down excitedly, exhaling a little squeak, "Yay! Awesome, I'll text you his address after work. It's starting around 9:00. Now go help that table before they get up and leave."

***

I'm here.
I text Kat as Morgan and I pull up along the curb of a giant mansion. Cars are lined all down the block, and through the gate I can see the driveway has long since been filled.

Every light is on in the house, a few silhouettes casting their shadows by the windows. We can hear the music from inside the car.

"Holy shit." Is all Morgan has to say. I think the same thing.

The gate swings open and Kat sprints out, "Hi!" She beams as we step out of the car to greet her.

"Is your boyfriend rich or something?" I immediately ask, admiring the mansion.

"Something like that. He also has five other roommates, so splitting the rent makes it easier." She says while grabbing onto our hands and pulling us inside.

I'm excited to finally meet her boyfriend. She talks about him as if he put the stars in the sky.

Inside, people are littered about standing in groups. Some are dancing in the living room where they fixed up some strobe lights. She leads us to the kitchen over to a tall, blond boy who's standing with a few people eating chips. He smiles when he notices us approaching.

"Sam!" She says excitedly, "This is Y/N and her friend, Morgan!" She introduces us.

He sticks his fist out, which we both bump, "Welcome, welcome. I'm Sam. My roommates are around here somewhere. I'm sure you'll run into them. Help yourself to any drinks or food. Only rule is, if you don't have a designated driver you have to crash here for the night." He explains kindly.

"It's nice to finally meet you!" I yell over the music.

"Likewise!" He grins before returning to the conversation he was having with his friends.

Morgan is the first one to break away from me and Kat, already determined to mingle with the many guys here.
Kat and I grab some wine coolers before we head into the backyard. Contrary to my expectations, it is not any less crowded. In the corner of the yard is a large in ground pool. People are taking turns jumping off of a makeshift cliff with a giant shark painted on it.

We make our way to a cluster of chairs by a small fire pit, "Devyn!" Kat yells.

A beautiful girl waves us over to sit next to her. I instantly start to feel insecure around her.

"This is one of Sam's roommates girlfriends. She lives here." Kat informs.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. This is by far the biggest party I've ever been to." I chuckle, taking a few sips of my drink to try and ease my nerves.

"Yeah, it's even more wild here without all the people. The guys are crazy. I never get a full nights rest." Although she laughs, I can tell it bothers her.

We sit and chat for a while, getting to all know each other for a bit. From the corner of my eye, I see more people step outside. Curiously, I look up to see who it is.

I nearly drop my drink but manage to get a grip on it before it falls. I hold my breath, my chest feeling as though I just got the wind knocked out of me.

Kat notices my sudden silence, "Y/N.. you good?" She leans over closer to me.

"Mhm." Is all I can choke out as my eyes follow Colby to the pool, as his arm is hooked around the waist of a dark-haired girl.

She shakes me slightly, trying to break me from this trance.

"I'm gonna go get another drink." I say coldly, jumping to my feet and rushing inside to the kitchen.

I grab an entire bottle of whiskey that was resting on the counter and rush up the stairs, desperately searching for a quiet space. My heart is pounding in my chest, so aggressively that I can feel it in my ears. I choose a hallway to follow and find the furthest room away from the stairs. I knock on the door. When I hear silence responding, I open it and step in. To my relief, no one is in here.

I flick on the light, revealing over one hundred colored sticky notes plastered to the walls.

Okay..?

I drop down onto the black couch placed along the wall in front of the bed and try to catch my breath.

I finally collect myself after a few minutes. Once I can breathe again, I open the fresh bottle and take a large gulp, feeling the burn rush from my throat to my stomach.

I exhale a shaky breath and wince before drinking another. And another.

My hand begins to shake at the weight of the bottle. I look down. It's half empty.

As I go to take another swig, I start to hear a pair of footsteps approach the room.

I jump up, trying to get out of there before anyone sees me, but as I reach for the door handle it already begins to turn. I step back so I don't get hit by the door, and I lock eyes with the same dark blues that have been haunting my thoughts for the past week.

And next to him, is the girl.