13.

Elton orders us all beers as we squeeze into the booth. The group buzzes with adrenaline and excitement, everyone talking over each other.

"That was fucking insane!" Corey shouts, pressing his hands flat on the table.

"Y/N saved our asses!" Aaron adds, his eyebrows raised high with thrill.

Colby reaches across the table and squeezes my hand, "My fucking girl." He says under his breath, loud enough for only me to hear. I smile back at him, feeling butterflies swarm in my stomach.

He retracts his arm as the waitress sets a beer in front of each of us, "And we made it out with all our footage!" Elton cheers, raising his bottle for a toast.

A chorus of whoops and shouts ring amongst the group as we tap our bottles together.

"Oh!" Kat giggles, taking out her phone and holding it out for a group picture. We all smile and she takes it, uploading it to her Snapchat story.

"Are you glad you came?" Sam asks her, his eyes glossed with love.

"No!" She scoffs jokingly, earning a laugh from all of us.

We sit and drink while we discuss tonight's events. I'm half way through my beer when Morgan shimmies out of the booth and disappears into the bathroom. She's been pretty quiet all night, which is very out of character for her. I watch as Colby goes on his phone, rolling his eyes before laying it face down on the table. I feel it vibrate a few more times, but he just ignores it. He catches me observing.

'Everything okay?' I mouth.

He just nods.

"I'll be back." I announce, standing up and heading to check on Morgan.

I push open the bathroom door and see her leaning against the sink, typing very aggressively on her phone. She jumps when she sees me and quickly tucks it into her purse. I step closer to her, my eyebrows pulling together with curiosity, "I came to check on you. You've been in here for ten minutes, is everything okay?"

She pauses, looking me in the eyes. She starts scratching her arm anxiously, "Morgan.." I pry, knowing something is definitely wrong.

A sick feeling grows in my stomach as she begins pacing. I stand still waiting for her to tell me.

I'm afraid I already know.

"Y/N- I-" she stops, trying to collect herself as her breathing becomes more rapid, "I've been-"

"Hey," Kat's voice drowns her out as she pops her head into the bathroom, "We're getting ready to leave." She picks up on the mood and quickly frowns, sucking in air through her teeth before mouthing a 'sorry' before slowly backing out.

Morgan rushes past me to the door, "Just nevermind." She sighs. I hurry behind her calling her name, but she ignores me.

We meet up with everyone in the parking lot, and Colby pulls me aside, "Do you wanna spend the night with me?" He asks with a small smile, his blue eyes shining.

I look down at my feet and tuck my hair behind my ear, trying to hide my own smile, "Sure." I answer cooly, trying not to sound too excited.

"Come on." He flicks his head towards the car and we get in.

The drive back consists of more talk about the cops, the adrenaline of the night not yet dying down even with the help of alcohol.

Once we get back to their house, I tell Morgan I'm staying there.

"Why?" She groans, crossing her arms.

What the fuck is her problem?

"Colby asked me to." I glare at her, growing more frustrated with her attitude tonight.

She just rolls her eyes, "Whatever." She mutters, speeding off in her car without even saying goodbye to anyone.

We all just stand there, all of them giving me questioning looks. I just shrug, and we all head inside. Colby slings his arm over my shoulder as we head upstairs to his room.

"Don't be too loud!" Sam calls up at us with a smirk.

"Shut up!" I laugh back, Colby eagerly pulling me down the hall.

I sit down on his bed and lean back into his pillows. His cologne clings to the fabric, and I take it all in. He crawls up next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I rest my head on his chest, playing with the hem of his shirt to ease my nerves. He too seems nervous, he isn't projecting his cocky attitude like he normally does. He's quiet, relaxed.

It hits me. This is the first night we'll be spending together that neither of us is shit-faced.

"Why didn't you just run?" He asks, running his hand up and down my back.

I peer up at him, my eyebrows raising with surprise, "You really think I'd just leave you guys there to get busted like that?"

He bites down on his lip, suppressing a smile, "What you did was really cool, Y/N. Thank you."

"Of course." I relax my head back onto his chest, letting my eyes fall shut. I feel him kiss the top of my head lightly.

As I slowly drift off, his voice pulls me from nearly falling asleep, "Hey, Y/N?" I just barely hear.

"Hm?" I mumble, too tired to form proper words.

"...I'm really starting to like you."

His words hit me like a shot of espresso. The heaviness in my eyes vanishes as they fly open. I slowly turn to look up at him. He looks back at me with fear in his eyes. His lips are dry, I can tell he was picking at them while I was dozing off. I raise my hand up to his cheek and rub it softly, showing him that he doesn't have to be worried.

I take a deep breath, "I like you too, Colby."

We spend the rest of the night talking about anything that we can think of. Our childhoods, what video games we like, the music we listen to. He remains vague with most of what he tells me, but I spare no details. I want him to know. I want him to see me. He finally unlocked the door, but he hasn't opened it yet. I hope he lets me in. Now that I know he feels the same, I can finally relax around him. It's like all my anxiety faded at the hands of that one little sentence.

By the time 3:00am rolls around, our voices are low and airy and we both fight to keep our eyes open. We finally give in to the sleep calling us, wrapped up warm in each other.