A Good Silence

Walter got up. Holy shit they all thought. They couldn't believe he was actually about to do it. They all sat up a little they were so anxious. Everyone got all quite so they could hear what they were saying.

"Hey Alexander."

"Just call me Alex."

For some reason Alexander or now know as Alex seemed like he was in a better mood. He looked happier now that Walter walked up.

"I was wondering well I there's this thing on Friday like a party I was wondering if well would you like to go well I wanted to ask if you'd go with me."

"Is this your way of asking me out because you suck at it."

Walter looked like he wanted to cry. He messed up so many times already. He didn't want people to look at him differently. He started to turn to walk away.

"No wait sorry. I'm not great with these things. I'd love to go. I didn't think you liked guys though."

"I didn't tell anyone. But I also didn't think you liked guys."

"Please don't tell anyone."

"I promise I won't. Expect those idiots over there they've been watching us the whole time. I'm sorry."

"I'm fine with Wilhelm and Simon knowing. I'm worried about the others can I trust them?"

"Yes! Come on let's go talk to them."

Walter Grabbed Alex's hand as the ran to his friends. This might have been that happiest Walters ever been. He can't believe Alex said yes.

Quickly the week went by and it was Friday night. Couples went with each other to this some what formal gathering that was organized by the students.
Simon and Wilhelm went together. Walter went with Alex but had to pretend they're not together. Sara, Madison, and Felice decided to go together as friends. Madison and Henry broke up 2 days after they got together. Henry was fine though he already moved on.

A slow song came on and everyone started to dance with their dated. A few eyes followed Wilhelm and Simon until they realized something more interesting was happening. Walter and Alexander where slow dancing together.

"You're really good at dancing."

Walter laughed and Alexander expression. He looked so excited that he received a compliment like that. He thought about how his parents never let him dance because it was girly. A tear rolled down his cheek as he leaned forward to kiss Walter. Everyone stoped dancing and looked at them.

"I don't care what my parents think I want to be with you. To think my first week back."

Henry ran up to Walter. He jumped up and hugged his best friend. He spun him around the room as everyone watched.

"He kissed you!"

"Yes I did and I'm standing right here."

"Sorry. You kissed him!"

"It just felt right."

Walters friends gathered around and hugged the two boys. They can't believe how brave Walter was. He just came out.

Everyone was still looking at them. The group moved away from Walter and Alex. The two quickly pecked each other on the lips as their school watched. A few people cheered but mostly the room fell silent. But it was a good silence.