Part 4. Felice

Seeing her mom wasn't what she expected. When her mom arrived no questions were asked about Felice. The only questions her mom asked were about Wilhelm.

"Have you started getting closer to Wilhelm? Closer than you are now?"

"Mom we're friends. He's dating Simon."

"For now but who will come next when they break up?"

"I don't think they will break up mom. I think they'll end up marrying each other."

"Don't be stupid a king needs a queen not another king. It'll never happen. Trust me when he marries a woman you'll be devastated that it's not you."

"Mom no I won't! He's my best friend. We love to just hang out with each other. He tells me everything the good and the bad. He talks to me about Simon and how much he loves him. Hearing him tell me about him and Simon's sex life or how I did his makeup last night really shows that he's not straight. Well straight guys can wear make up but that's not the point."

"You're right. Being gay isn't an issue I want you to know I think that. It sounds like I do but I don't. I just think it's king and queen not king and king. I know it can be king and king It just sounds different. What I really want is what's best for you."

"I need some air. Can I go out and come back later."

"Of course."

Felice walked down to the docks. She was alone there for awhile until Wilhelm and his mom walked down. The saw Felice and started to talk to her.

"Honey what's wrong you look like you've been crying."

"I'm sorry. It's just that my mom believes that I should try being with Wilhelm so I can become queen."

"Has your mom seen the tape?"

Wilhelm hated when his mom brought up the tape. I knew that everyone could agree a parent talking about their child's sex tape was a little awkward.

"Yes but she still thinks I have a chance. I don't want to marry you though you're my best friend."

"You're mine too." 

"Thank you Wille."

The two kids hugged. After awhile Felice decided to leave. She walked back up to the school and met up with her mom. They sat down for a few minutes and decided to talk.

"Mom I'm sorry."

"No please don't be sorry I don't care who you marry rich or poor, man or woman."

"I'm not gay mom."

"I know but I'd support you no matter what."

"Thanks."

Felice loved how kind her mom has been since Lucia. She actually felt closer to her mom than ever before. The two walked along the path together. They walked to the dining hall and realized they were the last ones in there.

They began to sit down next to Simon and Wilhelm when Felice noticed a worried look on Simon's face. She also noticed Sara wasn't there.

She started to worry too. She looked around for Sara and couldn't find her. With out thinking she got up to look for Sara. She didn't know where she was going she just needed to find her friend. She left the dining hall and left behind an empty seat.