Part 5. Alexander

"Alexander?"

"What?"

"Who are you looking at?"

"No nobody."

"Was it a cute girl."

"No dad."

Alexander was blushing. His face was extremely red. His father rubbed his head. He laughed at his sons embarrassment.

"Dad can I ask you something?"

"Of course son. Do you need lady advice."

"What did you think about the prince coming out?"

"It was okay. I'm glad he was able to love who he loves."

"What if I dated a guy."

"Where is this coming from?"

"No where."

"Well I'd say I'd rather you date a girl but it's your life I guess."

"Thank you dad."

"Okay."

Alexander's dad smirked at his son. He knew what was going on now. Alexander was looking at a cute guy. He just worried that his wife wouldn't be as okay as he was with it.

"So who's the cute guy?"

"Dad!"

"Oh come on could you be anymore obvious."

"His name is Walter he's in my class."

"Does he know you like him."

"Well I hope so we are dating after all.

"Dating!"

"Dad it's not a big deal!"

"Yes it is!"

"My sons dating!"

His dad pulled him into a deep hug. It seemed to last for ever. Everything in the world stopped. It was only him and his dad.

"Listen to me. I know you had a hard time last term but I'm glad you're happy now. I'm so proud how you're turning out and that you found the right crowd. Listen to me though your mom won't be as accepting. I see how happy you are to keep it this way you can't tell your mom. If you ever need anything though talk to me."

"Dad I actually wanted to meet Walter's mom today can I go see them?"

"Of course."

Alex went to find Walter. They met at the stables. Alex got to know Walter's mom and she got to know him. After awhile Alex started to leave.

As he walked out of the stables he started to sing. He didn't really know what he was singing. It was just some silly song.

For some reason as he left he decided to take a different way than he took originally. He turned the corner and saw a crying girl.

"Sara?"

The girl was Sara. She looked destroyed. Something terrible had happened. What was wrong with the girl. Alex decided to sit down next to her and put his arm around her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

"That's okay. Let's just sit here."

The two sat together for what seemed like hours. After awhile another girl came running up to them it was Felice.

"Get your arm off her you're dating Walter!"

"It's not like that! She was sad and I was comforting her."

"Why is she sad?"

"She wouldn't say."

Felice sat  down next to Sara and held her best friends hand. She didn't know what was wrong but she was worried. Alex didn't know what was wrong either but he did know during lunch there would be an empty seat.