Chapter 5

After Nut recovered from the...incident, he caught up with me and began giving me the tour.

"So, erm, as you know, I'm Newt, and this is the Glade. We all kinda run a system, ya know, with jobs and stuff. It keeps things organized."

He started explaining jobs and whatnot, but I couldn't help but interrupt.

"What about the maze?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, the maze? How did you- never mind. You don't need to worry about that yet, love." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

A look of disgust immediately flashed over my face. "Did you just call me love? I've known you for an hour." I said.

A devilish smirk crossed Newt's face. "What's wrong, love? You don't like it?" He taunted.

I proceeded to kick him in the balls again to teach him a lesson. He seemed to get the memo.

After he finished the tour, the sky was already darkening. He lead me to the rest of the group, who were starting what looked like the beginnings of a bonfire.

"Hey greenie!" I heard a voice call. I looked over to see a kid, about 12-13, walk up to me, waving. "I'm Chuck, nice to meet you."

"Y/n" I greeted. Duck seemed to be the youngest of the boys I've seen. He was shorter, with brown curly hair, and he couldn't stop beaming at me. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just nice to have new company." He shrugged.

As we all got situated with the bonfire, more and more boys introduced themselves, and we got comfortable taking with each other.

Eventually, one of the boys suggested to play a game. He asked around if anybody had ideas. I raised my hand.

"We could play school shooter." I suggest.

"What is that?" Noose asked.

"Well of course you wouldn't know, you aren't American." I say to him. "It's simple really, lemme give you a demonstration."

I pulled out my darling, beloved AK-47, and began shooting around in circles. Screams and cries of terror were heard from the boys as they ran back. Wow, who knew they would be so good at the game already?

"HOLY SHIT SHE GOT TERRY!" I hear a boy yell.

I look over to see a boy groaning on the floor with a bullet wound in his arm.

"YOU PSYCHO WITCH, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO TERRY?" Another boy yelled.

"Woah, chillax, it's just a game." I say putting my hands up in surrender.

"You SHOT Terry. HOW IS THAT A GAME TO YOU?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess he sucked at the game." I shrug.

Eventually Arby's came up to help Terry and the Med-Jacks. "Alright somebody go take y/n and put her in time out."

Gally from da Valley walked up to me with his scary ass eyebrows and grabbed my arm. He dragged me to these weird cage looking things and threw me in them without saying a word.

Meh, I've had worse time outs.