Chapter 6

My back aches from tossing and turning last night in my time-out. Now, I'm being forced to haul stuff around as I follow Gally for the day. It's apparently my punishment for last nights game.

"Keep up, rat." Gally from da Valley said as I carried planks of wood up to him. Yep, this is definitely punishment.

I watched and zoned out a lot as Gally worked. Apparently he was building a new bathroom house, since Chuck E. Cheese flooded the last one.

All day I had to lift wood and tools back and fourth. It was definitely torture. For me at least. Gally seemed to have it out for me. Every time I looked his way he was staring at me with his cold, dead eyes.

He personally made it harder for me, by refusing to help carry anything, and occasionally whacking me over the head with his tools, mumbling 'sorry' as if it was an accident.

6 hours, and 9 concussions later, I decided I needed revenge. This time, however, I'm not getting caught. I decided I need somebody on my side. Somebody gullible.

During lunch I made my move and went up to Chuck.

"Hey, I don't know if I should be telling you this, but Gally was roasting you today. I feel you have the right to know."

"Really?" Chuck said, hurt on his face, "W-what did he say?"

"I tried blocking out his negativity, but I think I heard something about you having feminine hips and short legs? I don't think either of those is true though." I assure.

"God he is such a maggot, we should get revenge on him." Chuck said, clenching his fist in anger.

Bingo.

"Really? Well, if you say so." I shrug. My plan is in action.

We spent the rest of lunch plotting our revenge. We brainstormed and thought of Gally's weaknesses. According to Chuck, he is a really deep sleeper. We came up with some pretty good ideas, but we finally settled on one that was pretty good.

That night, we snuck out of the sleeping area and met up behind the kitchen. Chuck had a small bucket of hot wax in his hand.

"Perfect" I say.

We try to hold in our giggles as we tip-toe to where Gally was sleeping. Carefully, we apply some of the wax to his eyebrows. It cools down after a couple of minutes.

With hesitation, we rip both waxes off in unison. Miraculously, Gally was still asleep, and his snores were uninterrupted.

We crawl back to our sleeping bags, struggling to keep our laughter in, and try our best to fall back asleep.

The next morning, Chuck and I try our best to act normally. As more and more people see Gally, the more whispers and giggles are spread between the rest of the glade.

At lunch, when Alby finally sees Gally, he nearly spits his milk out.

"Erm, Gally, uh, you might want to go look in a mirror." He said, trying not to burst into laughter.

Gally gave a confused look before heading over to the closest reflection. He went into the old bathroom house. There were few moments of silence.

Then his screams could be heard all across the Glade, and probably to whatever lies beyond it.