Chapter 14

I walked hand in hand with newt directly into the maze. My whole body was shaking because of how nervous I was. Newt seemed to have noticed and he turned to look at me.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked

I practically flinched at his last word. "Y-yeah," I replied, "I guess I'm just n-nervous"

"Really?" He said. "I'm kinda nervous too." He grinned down at me. From my angle he sorta looked like a demented clown.

We walked a little deeper together, and I hear a familiar rustling noise from deep within the maze.

I grinned to myself. Finally. I look up to see newt looking around nervously. That's weird. I thought this whole plan was for him to get closer to daddy griever. I guess he is taking his role seriously.

He seemed to have shrugged off the noise we heard because he continued to walk forwards, taking twists and turns every so often.

Then I see him.

My beloved

Mi amor

Mi vida.

He starts to crawl towards us, slowly. I can see a hint of jealousy in my lover's eyes. Now my babi can prove to newt just how much he loves me. I look over at newt in triumph, only to realize he is frozen in fear.

This doesn't make any sense. I thought-

"RUN, Y/N" newt yells suddenly.

He begins to run back to the glade, but he has a grip on my arm and is dragging me with him. I look back briefly to see papa griever looking at me.

I quickly blow him a kiss and wink 😉. He raises one of his claw/arms to blow a kiss back at me before I get dragged around the corner and back into the glade.

By the time we are back Newt is completely out of breath. I'm fine, obviously. I have god like speed. After newt caught his breath. He dragged me, once again, into the forest.

We went deeper until we knew for sure we were alone. When he was satisfied he practically passed out onto the tree. He was still conscious, just in shock.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" he yelled.

"Jeez shut ur ass" I replied. He was gonna get us caught if he yelled like that again.

"But what the hell happened? How are we still alive? Why didn't the griever chase us? Why was it even out during the day?" Newt drowned me in his questions.

"Holy cucumbers, slow down. That griever was obviously my babe,  couldn't you tell?" I said, confused. It wasn't like I was subtle about it.

Newt looked like he was about to have a seizure stroke so explained my whole relationship with my baba. He just sat in shock the whole time, his mouth open and his eyes wide.

"Damn I'm tryna get like you. I've been wanting a baba for as long as I can remember." He said, looking down.

"Wait what, but what about your diary? What you wrote about him?" I asked.

"My... diary?" he asked. "Uhm, last time I checked my diary was thrown down the box hole by some Glader Bullies. Where did you find it?"

"Under your pillow...wait- what?" I said, trying to piece things together.

"I don't even own a pillow." he said scratching the back of his head.

"what the hell"

"stop patronizing me."

"you don't own a fucking pillow"

"and?"

"AND?! EVEN CHINGUS HAS A PILLOW"

"shut it, ok, that's not the point. who's diary did you find?" he asked, making a point.

"It said Nootie Patootie's Diary on the front." I shrugged.

"So you're saying I was framed?" he asked.

"I guess? I really thought you liked my babe..."

"i wish..." he said hanging his head.

I cackled

"bully rat." he said furrowing him brow.

"...so I have the diary if you want to-" he yoinked the diary from out of my hands the second i pulled it out.

he flipped through the pages rapidly, till he landed on one that made his eyes widen.

"It's not mine it's.....it's....." he stuttered.

I peered over his shoulder to read in big sloppy words:

Property of Zart the Fart