Chapter 12

I wait patiently through the night, still anxious for my meeting with Chuck. As the sun rises, I get up before the boys and head to the Deadheads.

I spend a couple minutes looking around the floor of the forest, and I eventually found a perfect stone to use. I placed it among the other graves and pulled out my handy dandy pocket knife and began to carve.

About 30 minutes later, I finally finish my work. Instead of writing the traditional name and date of death, I added my own personal twist. I carved two symmetric eyebrows. No words or anything, but everybody who comes across this grave will know exactly who it is.

I felt bad since I had nothing to bury underneath it. His body lies deep within the maze, and there is no hope for his body to be recovered.

Instead, I reached deep into my pockets to retrieve something very near and dear to my heart. In my hand we're two little strips of wax, and on them were the beautifully arched hairs of Gally's eyebrows. I buried them about half a foot deep into the dirt.

I spent so much time perfecting the arch that I had skipped almost all of breakfast, so I headed to the first to wait for him.

I climbed a tree and perched on its branches. I waited about 5 or so minutes until I saw Chuck from afar, slowly making his way through the trees.

Eventually he made it to under the tree I was perching in. He must not have noticed me above him because he let out a long sigh and slumped against the trunk of the tree.

I waited, curious to see what he would do. Another 5 minutes pass and I hear him sigh once more.

"Hm, I guess she stood me up... again" he said to himself.

I did a backflip off the branch and landed on all fours in front of Chuck.

"Woah, sorry about that, I would never leave you hanging like that." I assured.

I yoink out the leather diary that I've been holding on to for the past 24 hours. I flip through the pages and found the writing that tore me to pieces.

I rip the page out and read it to Chuck. He leans in, eager to hear.

"Dear Diary," I read, "I can't believe that y/n was with my babi griever. That bitch. I even caught her with Gally before he... had his little accident. She is a lying rat. She witnessed his death and didn't even tell anybody. I guess if I ever need blackmail on her that could work. Whatever, it's ok 👌. It's none of my business anyway. What IS my business however is that she tried to steal my manz. Daddy Griever is MY crush. I've had a crush on him since the day I saw him rip apart Alfred in front of me. So hot. Why does she get to make a move. It's not fair. She just got here. I need my revenge. It took me a while to make a perfect plan. But I finally settled on one. I noticed y/n asking people how she looked, so I knew she must be planning something with bae. When she left to got towards the maze I followed her, but kept my distance so she wouldn't catch me. I sharpened my spear as I waited patiently for daddy griever and y/n to make moves on each other. A whole fight went on between two grievers, but afterwards the griever got close to y/n. Too close. It pained me to have to do this, but I know that it will finish my problems once and for all. I took a deep breath and finished my job.

I'm sad that I hurt my bae, but hopefully he'll understand the next time I get the chance to see his beautiful face.

Love, Newtie"

Chucks mouth was still hanging open when I closed his diary up. I barely had time to open my mouth when footsteps started approaching us.

Speaking of the devel, Newt appeared next to us. I made a feeble attempt to hide the book, but it was no use.

"Hi guys- is... is that my diary?" Newt points.

"Pfft no, it's uh.... My diary" I say. Damn, that was a horrible lie.

"Uh why does it have my name on it then?" He raises a brow.

I panic. I need an excuse. Quick. I say the first thing that comes to mind.

"Because- I'm in love you." I blurt.