Chapter 8

It had been 3 days since the...accident in the woods, and 3 days since I have been Gally's Baka Queen. Gally and I hadn't told anybody about it yet.

We still work together on building the numerous bathrooms that just keep getting flooded.

I really want to bond with Gally. Come to think of it, I've only been in the glade for half a month, so I don't really know Gally that well.

As we work on the installation of the roof I decide to get to know him better.

"So...Gally, tell me a bit about yourself." I ask.

"Oh uh yeah sure, uhm. I really like building." He began.

"Woah no way, I like building too!" I say.

"Yeah! And I uh really like Frypan's hamster stew." He said, continuing.

"Oh em gee, shut up, that's my favorite meal of his too!"

"I don't really like his hamster jello though." He said while wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"Me neither," I agree, "I think the bones are too crunchy to be put in jello."

"We seem to have a lot in common," Gally said, "why don't you tell me about yourself, too?"

"O-o-ok. Sometimes I get a little sh-shy" I say, getting nervous now that the attention is on me.

"R-really m-m-m-m-me too!" Gally stuttered back.

Woah. It was like we were meant to be. We continued to chat about our similarities, and the more we talked about ourselves, the more we had in common. It was great!

Eventually our conversation died down. An eerie silence echoed between us. I felt empty, not being able to talk to him. I decided I needed to find a reason to talk with him again.

Instead of starting a conversation like a normal human being, I took the hammer from our tool box, and smashed it onto my hand. I cried out in pain, and Gally rushed over to me.

At first it hurt a ton, but when I looked up into Gally's magnificent blue/gray/green/purple eyes, the pain faded away.

"What's wrong y/n? Did you get a boo-boo?" Gally asked giving me puppy dog eyes.

I look down at my swollen and bruised hand. If he thought this was a 'boo boo' I'm seriously concerned for him.

"Here I know how to help." He said. He reached and grabbed my hand and gave my hand a kiss. However when we grabbed it, my hand bent back further then it already was.

A string of curses flew out of my mouth. Gally backed away slowly as I cursed him out.

"S-sorry my little Baka Queen." He said.

After I went to the Med-Jacks, they put me in a sling and a brace and gave me some numbing medication.

I went to dinner and went to go sit my Chuck like I normally do. Right when I was about to sit down, Gally called out to me.

"Sit over here, y/n"

I looked at Chuck and saw that he was mad at Gally for trying to steal me from him.

"Shut up, Gally, You're not as close to her as I am, you eyebrowless bitch. We pull pranks together and everything." Chuck said, turning red.

"Huh? What pranks?" Gally asked, raising his non-existent eyebrows.

"Why do you think you look like a Naked Mole Rat?" Chuck said.

Oh no.

"Y/n?" Gally said, "Is that true? Did you take my precious eyebrows from me?"

"W-w-w-w-w-wait I can explain!" I said, desperately trying to put this under control.

Gally stood up aggressively and trotted out of the mess hall. I followed him out. He began jogging outward to the maze entrance.

I didn't struggle at all keeping up with him, with my god-like speed.

"Gally, wait please, I really like your bald eyebrows." I say in an attempt to comfort him.

"What does that matter, y/n, you made me look ugly." He scoffed at me, still jogging.

Eventually he made it to the entrance. I thought he would stop there but he just kept on going.

"W-wait what are you doing?" I ask, getting more and more worried now.

"Trying to get away from you. I thought you were my Oogy-Boogy muffin bear baka Queen. But I guess you were just like everybody else." He sighed.

"It was just a simple prank, man! I thought you were better than this!" I shout. As we get deeper and deeper in the maze, I notice how the sun is setting quickly. "Chuck and I did it before I became your Baka Queen, remember?"

"I guess, but it still hurts to know you betrayed me like this!! I thought it was Jared who did it. I still owe him from the one night..." he trails off, lost in his own thought.

In the silence I hear a low growling and panting noise from behind us. I slowly turn back to see none other than a griever drooling over our heads.