Chapter 9

The Griever picked Gally up and threw him across the maze. His now limp body slid down the wall he hit. The griever then continued to slam him on wall after wall.

I stood there, in shock. What should I do? I could use my AK-47, I suppose, but I don't really feel like it. Gally was barely even conscious.

Just when I thought Gally was going to get up and finally fight the griever, the griever pulled out his OWN AK-47!!! Woah, I thought I was the only Baka bingus with a hot gun.

The griever started open firing at Gally, finally finishing him off. The griever then turned to me, slime drooling from his mouth. I closed my eyes shut, expecting the griever to make his final blow. Seconds pass, so I open my eyes slowly, to see the griever holding out a rose with his little robo-claw.

"Awww little old me?" I said, taking the rose and sniffing it. It's smelled like absolute dog shit, but I still faked a smile to the griever. Out of nowhere I hear a voice coming from the creature, sounding like a robot screeching.

It said, "Meet me here at 8 am tomorrow morning, right after the runners leave. I have a little surprise for you, babi gorl."

I tuck my luscious locks behind my ear and nod. I feel roaches in my stomach. It's such a funny feeling, I don't remember feeling it before.

As I crawl back to the glade, I think about what surprises daddy griever has in store for me. I try to hold back my giggles and smiles all throughout the day, while managing to avoid questions about where Gally was.

It got to the point where even Alby was questioning where he was, but I just ignored him and daydreamed about my new love...

He kept up bugging me about it all day, I don't know what his deal was. Who cares about Gally when I have my new daddy griever. He's so dreamy.

My hoe and the runners came back from the maze with sorrow faces. They reported to Alby about an unidentifiable body in the maze. I made sure not to look suspicious. Alby made the runners go out and take the body back to the Med-Jacks for an autopsy.

For SOME reason Alby thought I had something to do with it. He confronted me about it in the mess hall. I got pissed and started doing what I do best. School shooter. The bullets once again ricocheted against the walls.

I ended up spending the night in the cages.

The next morning I feel anxious. I woke up at the crack of dawn to wear my best outfit. Which was my dirty old Emily Montes band t-shirt and my lucky shorts.

I go around the glade, waking up the boys and asking if I look good or not. Most of them told me to fuck off, but Chuck hyped me up, and this one Med-Jack started drooling, so I guess that means I looked hot.

I make sure my hair is flattened and that my outfit looked nice, before making my way towards the entrance of the maze, not sure about what awaits me.