Chapter 16

After following the petals for what felt like ages, I was beginning to get worried. The more I walked the further I got into the maze. My fingers started to fidget with the handful of daisies I picked for my one true love.

If it weren't for the rose petals that were behind me, I was almost certain I would never make it out. I must be at least 50 turns into the maze. I was starting to get cramps in my side, and soon, the only thing keeping me going was my love for daddy griever.

It suddenly dawned on me that this could very well be a trap. At this point, about half the glade has something out for me. I don't know why, though. I've only killed like 3 people, give or take. The glade is better off without them.

Yet come to think of it, I don't think anybody that is left in the glade is stupid a enough to test me. They all have learned that I could end their lives and do a backflip with one swift move. Yes, I'm that skilled.

I don't remember ever actually learning my sweet sweet skills. I guess being a black belt comes naturally to me...

Returning back to reality, I look up to realize the petals stop a few feet ahead of me. I reach the final petal and look around. I expected a romantic setup. Bouquets of flowers, chocolates, candles, love letters... perhaps my babi griever waiting for me with a single rose in between his rows of yellow, rotting, fangs.

But...Nothing?

Nothing except eerie silence, which wasn't that noticeable until now. I become painfully aware of the position I put myself in. Standing here. Alone. In the open.

I panic. What if i was wrong? What if it was a trap? Maybe the glader boys teamed up on me, leading me on before I meet my untimely end. Accepting my fate, I clutch my AK-47, giving the barrel a farewell kiss.

I didn't even say goodbye to my babe. The last time we saw each other I was being dragged away by another man. He'll never know how much I truly love him. There's so much I need to tell him, like my name or probably any other basic detail about me. I just want to see him one last ti-

The hell? I spot a bright white paper, getting pushed towards me by the wind. My worries vanish as I run towards it and grab it. My hands begin to shake as I clutch the paper.

My eyes scan the paper. Disappointment crashes over me once again. It wasn't a full essay worth of daddy griever confessing his undying love for me. In fact the only thing on the paper was three sloppily written words I could barely make out before my hands shook so much the paper flew away with the wind.

Look up, bbg