Stranger

"Mom, where should I put these boxes? I never knew I have so many things." I looked at my mother while clutching a large box containing my things.

"In your room, Lisa." My mom replied, while she's busy unpacking our things. 

Today, we relocated to a new town, where we will undoubtedly stay for the coming years. I despise it, but I don't have a choice. I have a single parent, which is obviously my mother; she works as a nurse and has recently relocated to a different place. That's why we're here.

The town seems unusual, the roads are dead, and I haven't seen anyone yet; I think everyone prefers to stay inside their homes, which I understand because we live in a village. There aren't many locations here where you can hang out.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom, and there isn't surprising at all. It's just like my old bedroom back in Busan. I placed my things beside the bed and stretched my back.

My bedroom is neither large nor little; it is perfectly adequate and comfy for me. One of my windows faces our neighbor's house. To be honest, this place is terrible; there are no malls or attractive places in the town. It's vacant and uninteresting. How am I going to make friends when school doesn't start until next year?

I moved towards my window and opened it. Warm wind came in, and it was refreshing. I think this place is perfect for introverts, unfortunately I'm an extrovert. I was staring at nothing until our neighbor's other window opened, showing a lovely young lady who appeared to have just awoken. She yawned and stretched her adorable arms.

My chin rested on the palms of my hands as I watch the cute lady. I chuckled, not too loud but because this place is quiet, I guess she heard it. She widened her eyes and covered her mouth. She turned around and fixed her hair.

"Hi!" I called and waved my hand. She slowly turned around and smiled, shyly waving back,

"Hello." She replied.

I knew I had a crush on her the moment I saw her for the first time. She's stunning. Her cat-like eyes, pointy nose, kissable rosy lips, puffy cheeks, and gummy smile.

"My name's Lisa. May I know yours?" I told her, and I swear her giggle was the most cute thing I've ever heard.

"Jennie." She replied, taking a strand of her hair and putting it behind her ear. It was a cool afternoon, and the sun wasn't shining as brightly as it had been. Her hair flutters in the breeze, and the trees sing along with the birds. It was ideal. We were just staring at each other, smiling and enjoying her lovely features. I suppose I'll enjoy living in this place.

"Lisa! Pizzas here, be quick!" Mom yelled from downstairs, breaking my stares on Jennie. I looked back and yelled, "Coming mom!"

And when I faced back to Jennie, I was surprised she wasn't there anymore. Guess she have some things to do. I sighed and went down to eat snacks.

"I'm going to the clinic later, I won't be home until ten. Be good alright? I asked Mrs. Rona to look after you and our house."

This is what I hate about growing up as a single child with a single parent. I'm always lonely, and there's no one I can turn to. My friends are far away, and I have no idea who Mrs. Rona is. Jennie is the girl next door, and that's all I know about her.

My mother had not yet returned home, and it was now night. I was bored, so I spent the entire afternoon on my cellphone, calling my friends. I intend to go outside, but I am afraid that I will get lost. I haven't seen Jennie since our previous encounter. I really want to chat to her more and see if we could become friends.