Stranger Part.2

This is the continuation of STRANGER, so if you haven't read it yet, please do so you won't get confuse.

_____

She was dead...

I was talking to a ghost?

I fell in love with a ghost?

I rushed to my house after the shocking revelation, shut the doors, and locked myself inside my room. As I shakily took my phone, I let out my emotions. I tried calling my mother, but she didn't answer. I couldn't think of anything because I was so terrified. Is it true that she has passed away?

I remembered her cold hands, pale skin, and the fact that I couldn't feel her heartbeat. I had no idea I was talking to a ghost the whole time.

I sobbed as I wrapped myself in my blanket. I noticed their house as I peered out my window. It makes sense why I haven't seen anyone inside every morning. I'm so scared I can't think straight. I'm in desperate need of someone.

Mom, where are you?

As I let out another cry, I pulled my knees into my chest and wrapped my arms around it. I tried to recall everything that we did, and there's one thing that's stuck in my head, Jennie was trying to tell me something,

Come with me.

I was shaking while waiting for my mom, or any other people. I couldn't stop crying, I can't calm myself. I was so tired from crying that I fell asleep. The thing that scares me the most about ghosts is that you have no idea what they are or where they are. They aren't particularly well-understood. You have no idea what they're looking for. As a result, it's the kind of stuff you have no idea how to defend yourself.

She was brutally murdered. If I wasn't so afraid right now, I'd think Jennie is a nice and compassionate girl. She reveals her true self in the few time we spend together. I was saddened by what had happened to her, and I'm not sure why she's here.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel.

The sound of thunder and rain jolted me awake. My room is pitch black, and it's already dark outside. How many hours did I sleep?

I was surprised as to why my lamp shade was turned on. My blanket was no longer around me, and I was laying in a comfortable position on my bed. I looked at the clock beside me and saw that it was six o'clock in the evening, which meant that my mother wasn't home yet.

When I turned to look around my room, I was startled to see a girl on her back sitting at the foot of my bed. I was terrified and didn't know what to do. She was singing and humming to a song,

So this is love—hmmm

So this is—love, mmmmm.

So this is love,

"Who are you?! What are you doing here?" I yelled and shakily took my phone. As I was about to dial my mom, the girl turned around to face me.

My soul nearly left my body as I couldn't believe what I'm seeing right now.

"J-jen?" My tears starts to fall, I'm so scared.

"You said you'll come with me, Lisa." She cried. At the moment, I couldn't recognize her. Her clothes was stained with blood, she had numerous cuts on her face, and her skin was pale.

"You're dead! Please go, let me go!" I yelled and closed my eyes, I can't look at her. I felt her rise from my bed, and when I heard her stop crying, I opened my eyes. She was now standing, her sweet devilish smile on her face as she looked at me. I was so afraid that all I could do was cry and hide under my blanket.

"I love you, Lisa. And I know you felt the same too."

"Please go, you're dead! You're a ghost! I don't love you." I shouted.

Her eyes have turned dark, and she has no emotion on her face. Vains appear on her face, and blood begins to flow from both of her eyes.

"You're mine!" She shouted, Outside, the thunder became louder, startling me. I prayed for help as I was scared stiff.

I shook my head, "Please stop! What do you want from me!" I shouted.

She's crying while laughing, "Okay, I'll tell you my story. But keep it a secret okay?" She whispered the last sentence.

"I'm sure you don't remember me, but I'm certain I do. I used to be one of your admirers back in high school. I couldn't go any closer to you because I knew I didn't stand a chance. As a result, I'll only have to admire you from afar. One day, as I already have a courage to talk to you, Mom and Dad had a fight and it led to divorce. I was forced to move to another place with my mom, far away from you, so I got depressed." As she was talking, she was getting closer and closer to me.

"You know, I've always wanted to get married, start a family, and have wonderful kids. And I want to do everything with you because I'm in love with you. But then Dad ruined everything, especially my dream. He arrived late at night, very drunk, at our place. When my mother noticed him in our parking lot, she decided to bring him inside as the rain began to fall. My mother and I were unable to do anything, Lis." Jennie told me, as she continues to cry. For a brief moment, I forgot she was a ghost as she told me about her tragic life.

"He killed us both, I saw him killing my mom!"

I looked down and closed my eyes, even if she told me her story, I won't come with her.

"And so, the reason why I'm here is because of you, Lisa. I came back from the dead. I returned to see you, to continue my dreams with you. We shall live together indefinitely. It's just you and me." She smiled as I looked up to her.

I shook my head, "No! Never! Please stop, I won't go with you! I don't want you and I don't know you!" I yelled.

She was smiling but her eyes shows no emotion, "Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll fall for me. I won't go unless you'll come with me. I'll take everyone who's on our way, no one will bother us. We will live happily."

I cried and shouted, "Please stop! Just go, you won't take me!"

She started to walk towards me, making my screams grew louder. My vision starts to blur, until everything around me turns black.

_____

I awoke as the sun was turning redder; and it was the one and only time in my life, the oddest moment of all, when I didn't know who I was - I was far from home, haunted and tired, hearing the hiss of steam outside, the creak of the old wood of the house, footsteps around, and all the melancholy sounds. I was terrified; my life is haunted, a life with ghost.

_____

⚠️This story is a work of fiction and should not be taken as fact. All characters, locations, and events are products of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to real-life persons, places, or events is purely coincidental.