Swimmer

"Lis, I'm pregnant."

As I tried to process what she had just said, my smile soon transformed into a worry. I keep an eye on her eyes, which are gradually turning tearful as she shakes and sobs while looking down.

I held her hand, "Babe. Stop crying, I'm he-"

She pulled her hand back and looked straight into my eyes, "Abortion is what I need, Lisa. I can't be pregnant, not now. I'm sorry, but I don't want this child to grow inside of me!"

I stared at her confused, "You know it's wrong, right? It's a sin. That child is mine, I will take all of the responsibilities. I am with you on this fight. Please just please, let my child live."

She suddenly shouted, "You don't understand! It's not that easy. I'm sorry, Lis but this is for the best." she said before walking out.

And there, I didn't know what to do. I was frozen in my spot. I wiped my tears and covered my face with my hands.

-Morning-

People started gazing at me as I walked down the corridor, gossiping. Everyone seems to be looking at me with concern today.

I couldn't sleep last night because I was worried about my girlfriend and our growing child inside of her. I couldn't believe she was thinking like that. Everything will be OK as long as I'm with her. I also tried calling her several times but she would not answer. I also attempted to contact her family, but they informed me that she would be sleeping at her cousin's house, which relieved my concerns.

I took off my earphones as I saw my friends running towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watch them shaking.

"What-" Just before I could speak, my friend Jisoo cut me off.

"Lis, have you heard the news?"

"What news?" I asked.

Seulgi covered her mouth as she starts to cry. Jisoo then pulled me into a hug.

"Lis, your girlfriend.."

My concern increased as soon as I heard my girlfriend.

"What about her?"

Jisoo pulled away from our hug and cupped my face, "S-he.. She's d-dead, Lis. She killed herself! She-"

I cut her off as I held her shoulder, "Where is she!!" I yelled.

We run towards the pool area and there, my girlfriend was dead on the empty pool. The pool's tiles were already covered with blood. As I glanced at my girlfriend's body, I was trembling.

My friends were holding me, as I let out my tears that I've been holding earlier.

"Are you related to her?" A cop came infront of me, I nodded.

"We discovered her dead early this morning; she appeared to have jumped from the third level of the springboard. We're still looking into the situation, and I'm sorry for your loss."

Dead. She's dead. With my child.

____

-Before the incident-

"STU is catching up! STU University has won three years in a row, so it is not surprising at all if they might take the crown this time again!" The mc announced.

Everyone was shouting and concentrating as they watched the swimmers compete. It was a difficult battle, but for everyone, the winner is already known, and that is....