When Lights Are Out

According to today's morning news, recent high-profile criminal cases, such as the alleged death of Alex Wang, have piqued the public's interest. Meanwhile, an awful and shocking event occurred this morning at 12 a.m. between the apartment complex of shrine and lews, resulting in the discovery of a dead woman body at the age of nineteen. The girl's family has sought anonymity because they do not want the media, particularly the general public, to know about the unwelcome incident.

Our law enforcement officers are still looking for the killer, who appears to be an expert because there is no sign of them, not even a speck of dust, on the crime scene—

"This town is becoming very creepy and terrifying. After college, I truly want to leave." Jisoo turned off the television and focus on her phone instead.

"Isn't it strange, though, that everyone who has been killed has been a student at our school?Like Alex Wang, he is the nicest person in the English department, but he vanished after the school festival. Betty is no longer alive. She's a quiet girl who spends much of her time in the library. It doesn't make sense that someone would be so angry with her that they would kill her." Rosé said.

"How about you, Lisa? Who do you think is the killer?" Jisoo asked, and they all turned to Lisa, who was busy texting with someone on her phone.

Lisa switched her attention to her friends, "I have no idea. But one thing is certain: the killer is somewhere in this town. I mean, how do they know where the low-key areas are in this place? Or, if not, they could be professionals. Everything they do is well-studied and well-trained."

Rosé and Jisoo both nodded. Lisa's words make sense. They simply decided to watch a movie before going to bed after that. It's the first day of school tomorrow, and they've chosen to stay the night so they can all go to school together the next day.

_______

"Lisa, the first year of college is a significant one! We'll do fantastic, I'm confident! " Jisoo encouraged her, and she tried to hug her. "Hey Rosé," she screamed at the locker, "who's the girl you wanted to introduce anyways?"

Before turning to face the two, Rosé stuffed her books and belongings inside her locker. She grinned with delight as she knew that her childhood best friend had chosen to attend the same school as her.

"She'll be here in a minute." Rosé replied.

Lisa, who was once again texting with someone, was smiling from ear to ear. It was noticed by both Rosé and Jisoo, and Jisoo tried to see who she was messaging. Lisa, however, swiftly shut off her phone before she could do so. "I thought we were friends," Jisoo said, shaking Lisa's hand. "Now why are you keeping secrets from us? Do you have a girlfriend now? Why are you smiling? Who is she? Do we know her?"

"Whoa, easy there Jisoo. It's just a friend. I don't have any plans to be in a relationship till after college, right?" Lisa remarked, slowly removing Jisoo's grip from around her arm.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, "Texting with friends doesn't make you smile like that."

"Yes they do." Lisa replied.

"Then they have feelings for each other."

Lisa laughed, "I always smile when talking to you guys, there's nothing new."

"Jisoo, I seriously doubt she's in a relationship. Remember that Lisa is an introvert? She can't even ask our classmates for a sheet of paper. What's more if she's asking a girl out on a date? Now is the time to stop bugging her." Rosé told Jisoo.

"Pfft, you're siding her again-" Jisoo crossed her arms and pout a little. If it makes sense, she has feelings for Rosé that she isn't aware of. She's always envious when Rosé chooses someone else over her. She has an internal fear that tells her not to confess since the thought of being rejected terrifies her so much.