Witchy voodoo shit

The morning after the storm our yard is a mess. The garden is in absolute chaos. Despite having the ability to pay for cleaners, Mum, Zac and I are outside cleaning up ourselves. Just because we can afford the luxury doesn't mean we need to be lazy. Mum will probably call out some cleaners tomorrow, but for now, we just wanna clean up a little bit.

I'm out the front sweeping all the crap off the verandah when the HMS pogue pulls up in the water behind our house. JJ and Pope come running around to the front door, laughing and jumping around and stop when they see me. I look up, surprised to see them and give them a confused smile.

"What on earth are you doing?" JJ asks.

"Come on B, we're going fishing," Pope says.

"First; I'm cleaning up, JJ. Second; yeah, ok I'll go get dressed and let Mum know. Third; how did you get here?"

"The HMS Pogue," JJ says proudly, "door service for the princess. Or as close as we can get anyway."

I laugh and head inside, gesturing for them to follow. I leave them in the kitchen to talk to my Mum while I duck upstairs and change into a white bikini with a black tank top and denim shorts. I jog back down the stairs and say a quick goodbye to Mum. We all head back out to the boat and JJ grabs my hand. He gives me a quick kiss before we follow Pope around the corner and into the view of the others. Then he drags me down to the boat and helps me aboard. Kiara quickly tosses me a beer and I sit down beside her, dropping JJ's hand. Pope sits on the front, while John B drives and JJ stands in front of me.

After a while, Pope takes over driving and the rest of us move about aimlessly.

"Let me show you a party trick," JJ says, "Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster please?"

"Oh God, here we go. I'm moving," John B says, moving to the back of the boat

"It doesn't work," Pope says, "we've tried this like 6 000 times."

I look confusedly between the pogues, unsure what my boyfriend is about to do.

"I got this. It's gonna work," JJ insists, holding his beer out in front of him and trying to tip it into his mouth with the air.

"JJ!" I laugh

"Oh my god, you're getting beer in my hair," Kiara complains.

"All right! All right! All right, Stop!" Pope demands

"You're done," John B adds.

Suddenly, the boat stops and JJ goes flying off the front, doing an involuntary flip mid-air. I'm thrown toward Pope from my position and the others each have to grab onto something to stay aboard.

"Jesus, Pope," Kiara says, as the rest of us groan

"JJ?" I call, leaning over the edge of the boat.

The blonde surfaces slowly from the water and groans.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head," he says, clearly struggling to breath.

I reach my hand out for JJ and he starts to swim back to the boat.

"Sandbar, messed the channel up," Pope informs us

"Hey, I saved the beer though," JJ says, clearly proud.

"Congrats JJ," John B says sarcastically.

"Guys... I think there's a boat down there," Pope says, looking into the water.

"Shut up!"

"No way."