Worst-case scenario

"He's fine," I sigh, "he's fine. Concussion, broken wrist, bruised ass but fine."

I nearly drop my phone in relief. JJ heaves a huge relieved breath and wraps me in a bone-crushing bear hug.

"Oh, wow, okay. I know you're excited babe but you're gonna pop my stitches if you squeeze me any harder."

JJ lets me go and I look at the snapchat on my phone.

"Oh, um, here's something else. Ward Cameron has signed on to be his legal guardian. He's gonna move in with Sarah so that DCS gets off his back," I say, summarising Sarah's message for my boyfriend.

"He's gonna what?"

"Live with the Camerons. At Tannyhill."

"He's gonna live with RAFE, that's who he's gonna live with," JJ exclaims, "he better kill the fucker in his sleep."

"Then it would be the cops chasing him down instead of DCS so that's probably not the brightest idea," I say.

"Don't care. Fucker should be dead."

I roll my eyes, "you give him too much power. He'll get what's coming to him, I promise."

JJ sighs, "I just want to hurt him like he hurt you, isn't that fair?"

"Then you'd be no better than him," I reason.

"Ugh, fine. If you didn't care though, Id have his head on a spike," JJ argues, crash tackling me onto the bed beside us, "justice for my princess."

I giggle, "I don't think prince charming is usually so vengeful."

"Maybe I'm just charming then."

"Like off Shrek? He never really got me going. Not with the trashy hair cut and the major mommy issues," I joke.

"Okay, then maybe I'm just the prince, no charming," he says.

"You definitely have some charm," I say, "I'm not with you for your looks."

JJ pretends to be offended, "are you saying I'm ugly?"

"If the shoe fits, Cinderella," I say with a shrug.

"Oh, you're in for it now," JJ says before attacking me.

I writhe around, laughing, underneath him as he tickles me, trying to get me to apologise.

"Say you're sorry," he demands.

"Never," I say breathlessly as he continues tickling.

He continues until I can barely breathe and I finally concede, "fine, fine! You're very pretty."

"And?"

"And charming, and handsome, and sexy," I admit.

"Sexy hey?"

I screw up my nose, "maybe."

"Just how sexy am I?"

"Sexy enough that I gotta stop myself jumping you everytime you take your shirt off," I mumble.

"Oh really?" He sits up above me and slowly slides his shirt off.

I can't stop myself from following the lines of his abs as they come into view and watching as his muscles flex and relax. When I look back to his face he's watching me with a smirk.

"Never stop yourself from jumping me. I constantly want you so if you ever want it, come and get it," he says before leaning down to kiss me.

"You constantly want me? Like all the time?" I tease, running a hand up his thigh.