Broken

Immediately, I get out of my car and slam the door shut. This draws both the boys into a type of reality and they look up. JJ's eyes widen as he watches me storm over to them. He glances between me and his father a few times, before starting toward me. It's clear he can read the anger on my face. But that isn't even the half of it. I'm not just angry. I am absolutely riotous.

"What are you doing here B?" He asks quietly.

"I came to pick you up," I huff, looking over his shoulder to glare at his father.

"Then let's go," he says, grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

"Get back here, you little bastard!" Luke calls.

JJ ignores his father and tugs on my arm insistently. I protest, attempting to pull free of his grasp and go to his father, though I'm not sure what I'd be able to do to him since he's twice my size and I have no fighting skills. I turn to face JJ and am grounded by the look of terror in his eyes. My anger falters at the look in his eyes. I finally allow him to pull me back to my car and we both get in. In silence, I start the engine again and start to drive away. We pull up out the front of John B's and I turn to him. He has a tear sliding silently down his cheek. I feel my lip quiver and my heart break.

"JJ..."

He shakes his head and closes his eyes. I throw my arms around his neck and lean over to him as best I can.

"It's ok," I whisper, "YOU'RE ok."

"I. He-. It's not."

"Shhhh," I soothe, "I know now."

We sit in silence for a while, wrapped in each other's arms while we both calm down. Finally, he lets me go and I sit back in my own seat.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whisper.

"That my Dad's a dick?" he says, "I did."

"JJ," I start.

"I didn't want you to think of me like that," he admits, "like some broken kid."

"You're not broken," I say, "you are so insanely strong. And you don't deserve that shit. You are so kind and brave and you have the most infectious fun personality. No one can resist being happy when they're with you. God knows I can't."

"God Princess, anyone would think you're in love with me," he jokes.

I laugh, "I am, dumbass."

JJ shuts up immediately and turns his whole body to face me. The second the words leave my mouth I freeze. It's not that they aren't necessarily true, it's just very VERY early in our relationship.

"I-"

"I love you too."

"What?"

JJ laughs, shocked by his own words.

"Well at least I think I do," JJ says, "I know it sounds stupid but I've never really done any of this relationship stuff properly. But with you, God. You're something else, Bianca. I knew that the day I met you. I didn't realise how hard you would make me fall, though. I know it's early days still but I've never felt this way about anyone and I've never felt so comfortable or safe with anyone. So yeah, I think I love you."

My heart is doing all sorts of gymnastics in my chest. He LOVES me.

"I think I love you too," I say, "I can't say I haven't had relationships before but there's something about you that fucks me up majorly, JJ. The thought of losing you terrifies me. Which is ridiculous because we JUST met."

"So neither of us really know what the fuck is going on but the thought of losing one another is unbearable, agreed?"

"Yeah..."