Clean up

After our surf, we ended up at John B's place. We had gone to check up on him and after what had only felt like minutes we were half pissed and too exhausted to go home so we crashed in his spare room.

I wake up to JJ stretching beside me. I roll over to face him with a yawn and he grins sleepily.

"Morning Princess."

"Mornin'"

"Sleep well?"

I shrug, wrapping my arms around his torso to pull myself in. He chuckles, wrapping his arms around me and settling his chin on top of my head. He presses a soft kiss to my hair as I breathe in my favourite scent. It's uniquely JJ and perfectly delicious. There are hints of weed, beer and sweat but the underlying smell is just JJ. I press my lips to his bare chest gently and debate falling asleep in his arms for a few more hours, listening to the gentle thud of his heart in his chest.

Our peaceful embrace is interrupted by John B knocking on the door before letting himself in the room.

"What's up bro?" JJ asks quietly.

"Is B still asleep?"

"Think so," the blonde replies.

"I was just gonna suggest going out on the boat. We could get some breakfast from the wreck and pick up Pope and Kie," The brunette responds, "but if you don't want to wake her we can wait."

"Nah, she's probably hungry anyway," my boyfriend responds as John B leaves the room, letting the door click shut behind him, "baby?"

"I'm still awake," I mumble into his chest, not wanting to move away from his comforting embrace.

"You heard all that then?"

I reluctantly pull away, looking up into his ocean blue eyes and nod. He smiles at me, moving a hand up to gently smooth my bed hair before pulling me in for a soft kiss good morning. I return the kiss, hoping to god my morning breath isn't too strong.

"As much as I wanna hang with you lot today, Mum wants me to go to that beach clean up with Zac and his new friends. But I'll catch up with you guys after it? You can come to mine to search up the coordinates on the map now that we have power again," I say.

"Noooo," the blonde whines, "what are we supposed to do while you're off playing kook?"

"Go fishing or something. It will only take a few hours," I respond, kissing his nose, "you'll survive without me."

He screws his face up in a childish manner, attempting to display his displeasure. I chuckle, rolling out of his arms and making my way to the bathroom.

"Morning B," John B says from his position on the couch.

"Morning sunshine," I respond, "you're on babysitting duty for a few hours, I've got some stuff to do that JJ is not gonna want to join in on."

"I should be able to manage that," John B replies, "I think there's a few pacifiers left in the fridge that should shut him up."

JJ exits the bedroom as I chuckle loudly, "what's this about pacifiers?"

As I exit the bathroom, John B is passing JJ a beer, "put that in your mouth. Ought to stop the crying."

I chuckle to myself as my boyfriend looks confused, not understanding the joke. I walk up behind him and ruffle his hair.

"It's okay little man, I'll be back soon," I say in one of those stupid voices people use to talk to kids.

"What are you on about mamas?"