Chapter 7

As I was walking into the my place i was remembering the date with Connor. I walked to the bathroom and turn on the water to hot for the tub. I add some body wash and watched at bubbles were made. I put some soft music on and made my way to the tub.

I climbed in bed once I was finished with my bath and getting dressed for bed. I turn my phone on and seen I had a unread message. I went to my message and seen that it was Ray. I deleted the message without reading it. "No more I'm getting to a good place with Connor, so no. Goodbye Ray." I thought to myself deleting the message. I turn the light off and went to sleeps.

     "Beep, Beep, Beep" i rolled  over turning off my alarm. Memories of last night came pack and I felt happy. "Crap got to get up." I hadn't realized it was already ten past when I was supposed to get up. I grabbed my clothes and ran to the bathroom to brush my hair and brush my teeth. As I was coming out of the bathroom with everything on and done. I seen a few text messages from Will. I decided to ignore them for now since I was going to see him in an hour. I grabbed my coffee mug and made some coffee and head out the door.

Walking into the hospital it was busy. Every room was taken. "What happen?" I asked looking at April. "building collapsed." I looked shocked with all the people in the hospital. "Lily" I looked over where my name was called. "Will." I tried to call you." Sorry. I didn't read the message. April and Maggie had a weird look on their face.  When they saw how Will was acting. "The building that collapsed was your school." I was shocked. I was supposed to be there but forgot about it. Will pulled me into a hug "glad you forgot." He whispered in my ear as he hugged me tight. "Jay has been trying to call you." I pulled out my phone and finally notice the calls. "Sorry I didn't realized. "As long as your ok. Text Jay to let him know you good." I did as my brother told and then went to change clothes to help them out as much as I could.

I made my way passing Connor working on a person. She didn't look good. He was trying to bring her back. I stop for a second watching him work. His whole attention was on her and only her. Him calling out for things and hoping he could save her. "Lily." I made my way to the waiting room and helped some people. "Here place the on that cut." I handed a lady some gauze. I walked over to a man who had a deep cut on his hand so I put a bandages his hand and then made my way to a few more people.

Three hours had past and finally we had finished with everyone. I decided I needed fresh air. I walked out and the ambulances that was here had left. The weather was nice warm but with a cool breeze , a little cloudy but not to bad. I watched people walking down the sidewalk workers, patients and their families. "How you holding up?" I looked up and seen Will standing beside me. "Good just needed some fresh air after that." He smiled a little "just glad your safe." He placed is hand on my shoulder and I placed my hand on his. "I know Will." He smiled and left my side going towards Natalie.

I was trying to wrap my head around that my morning could have been so different if I had remembered that the one time I had a class on the one day the building collapsed. I forced myself out of that thought and what if's. "Come on Lily time to go back to work." I said to myself forcing myself to keep my mind on other stuff.