Chapter 16

"Lily was it Ray?" My heart dropped when Jay asked this. Because it was him and Jay is suspicious it could be him. But I couldn't say yes. "It couldn't be him. He's not here Jay, So no." Jay was about to say something else but I walked away. Connor looked confused and I knew I would have to tell him about Ray and why dad is upset with me.

Jay left and went back to work and it was only Connor and I. It was strange not because I don't know the place because I've been here before but because I'm officially moving in here for a little while. Connor came and sat beside me and put his arm around me. "You ok?" I was surprised he didn't ask about Ray. "Yeah, long day and I'm starting to get a little tired." He helped me up and walked me to my room. I walked to my bed and climb in. I felt some pain in my ribs and held my side.

Connor went all doctor mode. "Your ribs?" It's fine Connor I know pain is to come once ribs are broken. I placed my hand on his face and smiled. "Your to sweet." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "If you need anything let me know." I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Two hours later.

I woke up looking around the room forgetting where I was for a second. I smiled remembering and then got out of bed. I grabbed my ribs since I had some pain getting up. I open the door and see that Connor was at his island with someone else. He must have herd me since he turned around. " hey Lily." He went to get up but I told him no. "Lily, this is my sister Claire. Claire this is Lily." I finally made my way over and smiled at Claire. "It's great finally meeting you. Connor has told me a lot about you." I smiled and looked at Connor. "Hope good." I looked at Connor and he kissed my cheek "always." He said back

We talked a little and then Connor's pager went off. "It's the hospital" must have been an emergency since he was supposed to be off for three days. "You go ahead I'll stay with Lily and we can get to know each other better." Connor smiled and got up to leave. "Thanks Claire."

Claire and I went to the couch and sat across from one another. "You from here?" I smiled at the memories coming up as a child. "Yeah , my brothers and I grow up in Chicago. Connor actually works with one of them." We talked for a good hour. About our lives and what we do now. I really liked Claire and hope she liked me since I hope Connor and I could get closer.

"She helped me off the couch and to the kitchen we both were getting hungry. She fixed us some lunch and we talked more. I've noticed she talks more about her father then Connor has. We finish up and I hear a knock on the door. I practically jump and my heart starts to race. Flashes of that night comes back and all I could hear is Ray. "Lily." I snap back and see Will standing in front of me. Claire had a look of concern on her face.

Claire decides to go since Will is here. "I'll see you later Lily. Hope you get feeling better." She gently hugs me and leaves. It was just me and Will and I realize I am shaking a little.

"Lily are you ok?" Will was still concern. We walk to the couch and take a seat. I slowly sit. "I'm ok, please don't tell Connor he will worry." Will takes my hand I think I need to tell him. What happened?" I can't tell him but it's getting harder to keep it a secret from them all.