Chapter 19

Jay POV:

"Come on Will you know it has to be Ray. She left with him and all of a sudden she shows back up with out him. Doesn't speak of him hardly ever. And then someone just happens to break into her home steals nothing but beats her." I waited for Will to respond as I am tapping my pen on my desk at work. Trying to figure out who did this to Lily without the others knowing I'm secretly looking into Lily's case.

"Jay, I understand your reason of suspecting Ray and it's a good one. But we have to wait on Lily to tell us if it was him. Your just going to push her away. I'm trying not to push but I'm hoping she come to me soon and just tell me. Or even Connor since they have gotten close." I couldn't believe of all times Will is choosing know to not be over protective and try to figure this out with me. "Fine guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. I might just call him. I think I still have his number somewhere." Before Will say anything else I hung up the phone and went looking for the number.

Lily POV:

I slowly began to wake up as I smell Connor's cologne. I open my eyes seeing him leaning against the door frame. "Hello  handsome." He was in his blue jeans and black shirt. "Hello beautiful." I rolled my eyes since there wasn't anything beautiful I just woke up. "I just woke up Connor." He raised his one of his eyebrow and Smiled coming to the bed. "Your still beautiful." He laid down in the bed and we beg kissing. I ran my finger through his hair and he  moved mine away from my face. "Ok, got to go to work." He smiled getting off of me. "It's not nice begging a tease." I smiled. "But it's so much fun." He grin and left.

Connor had been gone for an hour and it was time for me to get ready and head back to work. I haven't told Connor yet but he find out today since he may see me at some point or someone will tell him. I walked to the bathroom to get ready and then put some makeup on. I put my shoes on and left. Finally getting to work I grabbed my bags and walked into the hospital. "Hey, Lily." I looked up and see Maggie, she comes around the desk and hugs me. "What are you doing here?" I smiled and told her I was back. She looked a little concerned. "Maggie the attack was a month ago. I'm good to come back." I could tell she was still worried. "But you just left the hospital and had two surgeries. You sure you don't need time. I mean your ribs have to be still healing, right?" I smile at how concerned she was. "They are but I need some normalcy and Ms.Goodwin is allowing me to do desk work. Then I can go back to my nursing duties in a few weeks."

I walked to the elevator and then pushed the button to my floor. It was weird coming back and not doing my nursing job. But I knew it would be moment before I was able to do that. The elevator stopped two floors before mine and Sarah came on. "Lily your back?" She hugged me and finally pushed her floor she needed to go to. "Yeah just desk work." She smiled. "Let do lunch and we can ketch up." The door open again and it was my floor. "Ok, just come get me when your at lunch."

I walked to my office and take a seat I had a few folders that Ms. Goodwin wanted me to go ahead with. I felt like I was back to normal except with a small sting in around my ribs. But I felt nothing bad had happened. And it felt great.