Chapter 17

Will had left and it was just me at the apartment. Connor had text to let me know he was on his way home. Every small sound made me jump and think Ray was trying to break in. I walked over to the kitchen and grab a knife just in case.

"Come on Lily calm down." I thought to myself. I decided to grab some wine and a glass. Thirty minutes had passed and most of the wine was gone. I looked at the time and it was 6:00. I heard the door handle move and I placed my glass down. I slowly picked up the knife and quietly made my way. My heart was pounding and I started to shake. The handle moved a little more then the door open as I brought the knife up. "Lily!"

"Lily!" Connor was standing in front of me, his hand grabbing my wrist. "What are you doing?" He took the knife and place it on the corner table. "Connor I'm so sorry." I almost fell crying thinking I almost could have killed him. Pain was coming from my ribs as I Connor caught me. "Lily look at me." I slowly looked up at Connor and see the concern on his face. "Please talk to me." I slowly got up and looked at Connor. "Sorry, I'm still a little jumpy and this being a new place it's going to take time." Connor took a deep breath then looked at me. "Lily, when your ready I'm here." He kisses me and walks away.

I felt bad and went back to my room. I got ready for bed and turn the lights off. I climb into bed and closed my eyes finally falling asleep.

The Next Day

Dream:
"You shouldn't have done that Lily. You should've kept your mouth shut." My heart was pounding. I wanted to scream and run. "Please, Ray please. I messed up, I shouldn't have left." He grabbed me and squeeze my arm. "You should have stayed with me this would have never happened." He lifted up is fist and went to hit me.

End of Dream:

"Lily, Lily wake up!" I woke up with someone over me. "No! No!" I screamed and start throwing my fist. "Lily it's me." Connor voice calms me down and everything comes back. Connor brings me up to him and he holds me. I start crying in his arms, he holds me tight but not to tight. He helped me out of bed and we walked out of the room. I looked at the clock going into the living room and it was 8 at night. "You hungry?" Connor asked "no just really tired." We sat on the couch and I leaned towards Connor. We watched a movie, Connor was rubbing my arm. I felt safe with him and I knew I was safe with him.

The next day Jay came over and took me out for lunch. Unlike Connor , he was asking questions. "Lily, do you remember anything? You know even the smallest detail could help." I look at Jay stopping myself from eating. "Jay your not the case. And you promised no questioning me." I went back to eating . He wasn't happy with my answer and slam his form down. I jumped having a flash back of Ray. "You you not understand that your brothers are worried and even dad is a bit worried. Will and I both know you know the person. It was personal Lily because nothing was stolen and the place wasn't even messed up. Please me." I felt bad for not telling him. And that dad was starting to get worried made me think he actually cared.

"Jay, I've been think back to that night all the time trying , happing to remember the person that did this. Or even remember a sent or the voice . But nothing, if I remember I would have told Adam." I hate lying and the look Jay was giving like a shame to even think I was hiding something. But I had to. "Sorry Lily." We finished our meal and left the restaurant.