Chapter 12

An hours had past and Dr. Rhodes and Dr.Latham was in the CT scan looking at the results. "There has to be a bleed somewhere. That cause her to have a seizure." Dr.Rhodes was irritated since he couldn't see a bleed. "There." Dr.Latham pointed out. "We need to take her to surgery." Both doctor looked up as the monitors where going off. "She's crashing." They run into the room, Dr.Rhodes start compression and Dr.Latham shocked Lily then a nurse hands over a syringe with medication. Dr.Rhodes grabbed the paddles and yelled "Clear!"

Finally Lily was back. "OR now!" Dr.Rhodes yelled. They quickly got in the elevator and went into surgery. "Come on Lily. Stay with me, you can't leave me yet." Connor says.

Five hours later:

Five hours had gone and past. Will, Jay, and Dr.Charles were in the waiting room. "I can't take it anymore!" Jay got up and started walking around. "It take way to long." Will was about to say something but Connor walks out.
"Lily is out of surgery, we are going to monitor her for a few days and then try to wake her up. She had a bleed on the right side of the head. That's what caused the seizure. You guys can go see her" Connor took us to her room, she was hooked up to a few machines. "Oh my gosh." Jay said walking up to her.  "Is your father coming?" Connor asked. I looked at him and shock my head no.

Connor had left to give Jay and i some time. I was on one side and Jay was on the other. "Lily, how did this happen?" Jay looked angry and sad at the same time." I'm going to find who did this." Normally I was the hot head but Jay and Lily had something that me and her didn't. "Just stay around, I know she would rather have you here with her and not in jail, something you will regret later." Jay agreed and looked back at Lily.

An hour had past. Nothing had changed and Connor did say he wanted her to rest so they weren't forcing out yet. But I would feel so much better seeing those light brown eyes. I looked over and see Natalie walking in. "Hey Will I got up and we hugged. "How is she?" I looked back at Lily, "she had a brain bleed. Dr.Rhodes wants her to stay in a coma for a few days then wake her." Behind Natalie Maggie and Dr.Choi came in. "Hey guys." I hugged Maggie and shock Dr.Choi hand. "We're just checking in on you guys before we head out." Jay stood up  and then walked out. "He's trying to hold it together but ." Maggie looked at me with sad eyes. "We know Will." Dr.Choi and Maggie went to see Lily and then left. Natalie stayed a little longer but had to get home for her kid.

A few hours had past and Dr.Rhodes had came back to check on Lily. He was hurt, I knew they had gotten close but I hadn't realized how close. "How is she Connor?" I asked he was looking through her chart and then her monitors. "She's not progressing as I thought she would. But it is just day 1.  We both stood at the end of the bed "something feels off." Connor looked at me. "They say it was an intruder. But nothing was stolen and the way she was hurt. It looks personal." Connor looked back at Lily. "If so who would want to do this?"  Connor had to do other rounds and it was only me and Lily.

The day had ended and a few people stopped by and Ms.Goodwin had just left giving me two days off. Hopefully by then Lily would be awake. I was soaring beside her bed with my hand holding hers. Then all of a sudden alarms started to go off. I quickly get up and see what was happening. Connor and a few nurses come running in. Connor takes his stethoscope and checked her heart and lungs. Then threw her blanket off. And checked her stomach. "Give me a ultrasound." A nurses runs out then back in. "There." Dr.Rhodes pointed to the screen. "Her appendix ruptured. We need to get her back on the table."