Chapter 3

I slid the side, lifting my arms. 

Yeah the night is alive

You can feel the heartbeat

Let's just go with the flow

We've been working all week

Tomorrow doesn't matter

When you're moving your feet

It's all about tonight

I let my body flow with the music. 

And boy I'm not hanging on

'cause I threw all your drama away

Had something good but it's gone

Yeah it's all about tonight

They got the music so loud

So I won't I hear the phone if you call

And we're so over now

'cause it's all about tonight

Dancing was my favourite thing to do, the feeling of letting go of everything as you just listened to the music, and let your body do those movements that made you feel so free and alive. 

I was practising for the big Royal Variety Show, where I was dancing for Pixie Lott. 

The music stopped, and I looked at Pixie. 

"Great you guys! Really looks so cool, it's gonna be so good at the show - I'm sure!" she said, smiling at all the dancers. 

We were practising for the a show, and it needed to be perfect, since Pixie really was a perfectionist. So was I, but since it was her show, she was deciding. 

I dried a bit of sweat away from my face. 

"Let's just do it one more time, and then it's enough for today I think..." 

The song "All about tonight" began playing again, and I lay down on the floor surrounding Pixie with the other dancers, having a big blue feather in my hands. 

I bought a new pair of shoes

I got a new attitude, when I walk

'Cause I'm so over you

And it's all about tonight

After some minutes of dancing, the song finished. 

Pixie clapped her hands, and thanked us all. 

I smiled at her, and turned to my friend Caroline.

"So, are you free tonight?" I asked her, taking off my shoes.

"Sorry babe, I already planned something with Mark..." she said, looking apologetically at me. 

Great, feeling stupid as I no longer have a boyfriend, and everybody seems to have one. 

"That's alright babe, we'll just be together some other time!" I hugged her, and picked up my bag and put the shoes in it. 

I grabbed my coat and pulled it on. I put my hands in the pocket, searching for the car keys. As I found them I opened the door, and let the cold air meet my warm face. 

I opened the door to my car and put in the keys, starting it. 

As I drove home, I found my phone, finding Eleanor's number. 

I pressed "call", and after 2 rings her voice filled the car

"Hey babe!"

"Heeey!" I said, smiling at the phone.